Bread!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mrsgrew
    on

I’m not diabetic or pre diabetic.

I’m a healthy weight and run for 60-120 minutes a week as well as 60 minutes of strength excersies.

I’m doing the low carb/fast and enjoying it but I make my own bread and I’m wondering could I have a slice a day ? I’ll keep carbs below 50g a day but I love making my own bread and I’ve seen low carb versions but I want to still make my own. I know it’s high in GI terms But if I keep it to a minimum and as I’m excersising as much then I should eat some carbs.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi there!

First of all, one of the things about BSD is that it helps your body change its hormonal response to burn fat cells for energy rather than refined carbs. This will mean that even without refined carbs (and you will get plenty of other carbs from all the allowed vegetables) you will find you have lots of energy.

I understand about the bread – mmmmm – but I really recommend giving it up for the 8 weeks as even small amounts of refined carbs make it more difficult to give up the rest.

Why don’t you give it a go and find other things to put your breakfast eggs on – portobello mushrooms? Baby spinach? – and see how your energy levels are still fine, if not better.

Then you can go back to your bread at the end of the time.

I know other experienced BSDers will agree that little compromises can lead to more damaging ones if you’re not careful.

I also exercise and found no issues with energy levels after giving up refined carbs – indeed did my BSD on 20-30g of carbs (the good ones) per day.

Hope that helps! 🙂

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great advice, as usual, Igorasusual 😃

Please log in or register to post a reply.