Blood sugars rising

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chubbs1975
    on

I have been on the BSD for 3 weeks.by the end of the first week my mmol/L was down to “Normal” levels, even dipping too low so I reduce and by the end of week 2 stopped my Gliclazide. Start of week 4 and nothing has changed in my diet, still simple carb free and my morning fasting blood sugars are late 6 early 7’s.
    Any advice from anyone??

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

First of all, something has changed, you have stopped the Gliclazide, that could be having the increased effect on you BG. What dose were you on and why have you stopped it completely. A bit drastic in only 2 weeks. Also there is a thing called the Dawn Phenonemon which you can search for in the search box. It is when you go a long time without food the liver pumps out glycogen to make up for this. This usually happens in the early hours of the morning i.e. 4 or 5am so you wake up with high BG. A night time snack usually stops this from happening.

Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.