Blood sugar level (day 3)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Salty
    on

I started the diet on Monday. My stats were 15 stone 8 lb and my blood sugar was 7.8. After three days on the diet my blood sugar has went down to 7.2 and then back to 7.8. I have not put a foot wrong on the diet with three litres of water intake each day. My weight this morning on the morning of day 4 was 15 stone 1 lb which I actually had to weigh myself 3 times before I believed it. I understand the initial weight loss will be predominately water but my question is about the blood level, how soon do you see a difference in it and am I expecting miracles to happen too soon or am I doing something wrong ? All recipes I have used are from the book and I have not went above the 800 calories per day.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Salty it will take a week or two for your body to adjust, some see results earlier.
    At the moment it is having to deal with a new energy source but as the weight goes, so the fat will begin to drain from your liver and pancreas, that is when the results will show.
    You may experience short term rises in weeks 3 to 4, a few of us have but they tend to stabilise after a couple of weeks and has been explained as stored sugar being released by the organs into the bloodstream

• posted by Salty
    on

Thanks Bill, always good to hear all is well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.