Blood Pressure – Off Meds!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Avila
    on

Been to GP after 2 weeks of self -monitoring my Blood pressure after some low readings following a stone weight loss. Started where I thought I was going to be in trouble for taking myself off meds (as it was still in healthy range and thought a non-medicated level would be a good assessment). Well he is impressed with my BP, today’s surgery read being better than the home read, and….

No More Meds!!!

Well not for BP anyway. I have to go back for a nurse BP check in a month. but having been told previously that once on BP meds expect to always be on them…. and he agreed that this is usual.

Dr was positive about the view that sugar is the problem not fat, didn’t discuss BSD in detail. But he was really pleased about my ‘lifestyle change’. If I could kick the alcohol as self treatment for stress he would be even happier.

I have had a bad week on the diet front and discouraged by my poor self-will. But the gain on my BP health has not changed. And the affirmation about this fuels my motivation again.

Now just to tackle the other 2 stone and a bit – and being told that as a ‘well built lady’ (is that the ‘big bones’ argument??) getting to the 25 BMI is unlikely….guess what my target is!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Avila, that’s brilliant news
    Sounds as if your GP is more open minded and informed that my practices GP nurse.

Your alcohol comment reminded me – I nipped into M&S today, I love their “dine in for £10” deals. I’d thought about it, reminded myself that since I shouldn’t be having the wine, and certainly don’t need the desert (yep, I can eat an entire profiterole stack by myself in one sitting) – then decided it was still a bargain if I got the cheese as a desert option.
    Foiled – the local M&S didn’t have the cheese platter, BUT – I got the raspberries instead of proper pudding (and they did have profiteroles on the shelf, I ignored them 🙂 ).
    So – looks as if I’ll be eating chicken and raspberries for the next few days!
    I may treat myself to a small roast potato the day I cook the chicken, and a small glass of wine.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AVILA thats marvellous..i have gp appt next week re same thing! Hoping will at least be able to lower my bp meds,if not get off them altogether yet xx
    FROG well done on the rasps instead of the profiteroles! We need to congratulate ourselves on each little triumph..
    Getting thru the supermarket unscathed is a big achievement.!
    Ive been to the seaside today..the smell of fish and chips was just gorgeous and so many people were enjoying them! Also wd have quite liked to buy some rock and go into one of the ice cream shops!
    Made do with a cup of tea!
    Its worth it isnt it when we are getting lighter and healthier! X

Please log in or register to post a reply.