Bit of an imposter…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gormenghast
    on

Sat down and read the book today – even downloaded the Headspace app.

I have been on so many diets that I completely gave up. The only diet that truly worked was a VLCD. However, it made me miserable and as soon as I was off it – I lost control. Three years later, it’s been a cycle of binging and using food for emotional gains. I’m paranoid now that I’ve headed straight to diabetes symptoms – tired, urinating a lot. I remember on the VLCD that I had so much energy.

But I feel a bit of imposter posting – I have started this plan from today – but I have a surplus of Jane Plan meals which I need to use up. I’m going to be doing 800 calories a day. However my carb count will be in the 100 realm a day – healthy food, but high carb count.

Not happy about this but I will move to low carb after two months – two months relatively high carb, two months low carb – both 800 cal a day, healthy foods. So I will keep you all updated on the difference in weight loss etc. I’m just eager to start now – even if my food cupboard is against it.

But yes – hello everyone, I’ve been reading your posts and wish you all the best ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s very inspiring reading all your weight loss stories !! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

There are a few people who run on higher carbs, see if it seems to work for you. If you find after a week or two that you are not losing any weight you could reconsider trying to cut your carbs further.

There are those members too who have found it easier to ease themselves in, so in that sense your plan could serve you well.

Good Luck I hope your plans work for you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Gormenghast
    on

Thank you Izzy ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Gormenghast,

There are no imposters here. Many of us read threads before we ever posted. It helps you get your head around all aspects of the BSD.
    If you go through a difficult patch it’s comforting and helpful to read how others have dealt with it.

Beat wishes for your BSD.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Gormenghast, all the best. You may find you get hungry if you have quite a few carbs in your 800 cal…. just a warning. (but not everyone has a carb issue like me ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Gormenghast
    on

Thank you lovely people ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve started the day with a small portion of nuts and seeds – I’m hoping the protein from these and soya milk will combat carbs. I’m also a vegetarian so it makes things a bit more difficult, when avoiding carbs – but I will find a way round it ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.