Balsamic glaze. Anyone got a recipe that doewnt require sugar?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hil1502
    on

I love balsamic vinegar and a balsamic glaze to mozarella & cherry toms is a perfect accompaniment but balsamic vinegar already contains some sugar ans the glaze is made with more sugar. Do any of you clever cooks out there have any ideas? Ive got a portabello mushroom just crying out to be stuffed…

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, just boil it down to a sticky sauce and it will create its own sugar. Although as a point of info balsamic vinegar contains 18% sugar and balsamic glaze contains 31%. I live near a vinegar producer who makes wine vinegars with wonderful flavours like blackcurrant, pineapple, cherry and on and on… Before this diet I thought it is just vinegar but decided to look on the label since becoming more aware on this diet. The pineapple contained 67% sugar. When I argued this with them they said it was all natural but then you have to ask how do they make it taste of pineapple. I could also counter argue that for the sake of half a teaspoon does it really matter.

• posted by Hil1502
    on

Thanks. Good idea.

Please log in or register to post a reply.