Bad sleep and thirsty – drinking 5L of water per day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by valerie123
    on

Hi Everyone!

I’m on day 5 of the diet and so far so good! My only worry is that I’ve been very thirsty – I’m not diabetic, and I was always satisfied drinking 2-3 litres of water per day before starting this diet. Since Monday though, I have been quite thirsty, and I’ve had a dry mouth. I have been drinking 5-6 litres of water per day and two black coffees – it feels excessive so I’m a little worried. I have also been struggling to drop off to sleep at night, and waking up thirsty every morning at 4:30, unable to get back to sleep.

Has anyone else had these issues? Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• posted by Natalie
    on

That is a lot of water – your normal intake is what most of us try to achieve. You say you do not have diabetes but have you been tested recently? Constant thirst is a classic symptom. If you have developed diabetes, of course this diet is the best way to reverse it. I think you should check with your doctor to work out what is going on.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

5 litres a day is enough to literally drown you unless you are peeing it all out faster than it goes in. You need to speak to your doctor and be tested for diabetes as Natalie says. Can you think of any other reasons, are you eating a lot of salt, has anything else changed.

Please log in or register to post a reply.