AUGUST 2022 INTERIM OR NEW TO FAST 800 ? ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEG 16TH AUGUST 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As Wendy has friends staying with her at present, she has ask me to set up our new weekly thread. She apologises for not being around at the moment, but I know she will check in as soon as she is able.

The weekly thread is still on the quiet side, but of course it is holiday season, so no doubt there are people not currently focused on BSD and sometimes it’s more to do with mindset than anything else. For those who are focused on BSD though, this is the ideal place to share progress, seek advice and support … and indeed to vent if things aren’t going so well.

Whether you are an established BSDer or new to this WoE, please feel free to check in with us here whenever you like … someone will respond.

I’ve just had a very indulgent weekend, so the scales have blipped upwards this morning. However I have just started another fast, so hoping to be properly back on track in short order.

We’ll get looking forward to reading your posts soon. Have a good week everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

My fast is proving tougher this time. Thinking might be because of the carb intake over the weekend. Hoping I can ride it out this evening, but haven’t ruled out a very small portion of something if I absolutely have too.

Hope things are going well for you all. Let us know how you’re getting on.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

I feel for you Sunny. I was doing a 24 hr fast but got to 18 1/2 hrs and felt very lightheaded, weird with tingly fingers and toes so caved in and had, a small snack.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the empathy Elle. Managed to push through to 43.5hrs, so happy with that.

Thread is super quiet at the moment, 🤞🏻it’s just because many are busy and not that they are giving up with BSD. If you have time, please post to encourage others to do the same.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Well done Sunny, not sure I could manage that, although as I do dinner to dinner I have to laugh to myself that I break the fast, have dinner then immediately start fasting again till breakfast, which in my case isn’t till 11.30am. Maybe one day I will go right through.
    I am now just 3/4lb from target so might have got there if I hadn’t had to break the fast early, but nvm 🤞for tomorrow ‘s weigh in.
    Koko

Sharon x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sharon, you’re already doing great with your fasting, so with a little push I’m sure you could do longer if you wanted too. However 24hrs is really good, so no need to do more unless you really want to. You’ll soon see off that 3/4lb and we’ll all be able to celebrate with you!

I’ll be working on a similar regime to you tomorrow …. evening meal tonight and fasting through to the evening meal tomorrow … unless I find I need to eat sooner. I have 3.5lb to go to get to target, 🤞🏻I can hit that by end if next week.

How is everyone else doing? If you are struggling, just do your best to make good low carb choices whenever you can, until you feel able to get fully back on track. And come and share your story with us, so that we can offer encouragement and support if needed.
    Meanwhile KOKO

• posted by florob85
    on

Hey everyone, well the few who are around at the moment anyway!

I have reached my limits I think. I feel broken. It’s been a really difficult week, month, year etc. As most of you know, my husband and I have been trying to conceive for 18 months now, and I have PCOS so it’s really tough, and I need to lose a bucket load of weight, and I’m trying SO HARD, I really am, but nothing. So this week we’ve started having the conversation about adoption….,turns out we’re not on the same page and our difference has broken my heart. So we’ve shelved that idea for now but I promised I’d go back to the doctors to at least ask if there’s anything I can do. I have a morbid fear of the doctor and massive trauma triggers around this so going to see them is a BIG DEAL for me. Anyway, I went today. I told her everything, about our fertility journey, how hard I’m trying to lose weight, how I’m just at my wits end. How I really don’t need to be told, again, that I need to lose weight.

Well she told me to lose weight.

She also in not so many words basically said I wasn’t trying hard enough, and has now referred me to the obesity clinic. And basically said there’s not even really much point trying to conceive until I lose ALL the weight. So like 7st. I’m heartbroken. I burst into tears and she said “oh do we need to get you some mental health support” – to which I said no actually I’m quite on top of my mental health thanks, I’m actually allowed to feel a bit upset at the moment”

I feel invalidated. I feel disgusted with myself. I feel hopeless.

So in essence, what I’m saying lovely forum friends, is I need a hug or a billion sending my way please x

Lauren x

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Sending you a trillion hugs Lauren, can you complain to someone about the doctors attitude and ask to see someone more sympathetic?

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Lauren, A huge hug from me too. I share your anger and upset. That was the last thing you needed. Although it is easy to say, I hope you won’t let her insensitivity define your next steps. And I do not follow her logic about having to lose all the weight in order to conceive. Is there any factual basis for that opinion?? I suspect you know more about this than she does.

Maybe the Clinic will provide some extra support for you. And we will still be here to cheer you on. Again a huge hug.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hugs from me too Lauren.
    I’m still lurking, feel heavier than I want to be but have no inclination to step on the scales at the moment.
    Good choices – not always – yesterday I ended up choosing not to eat my low-carb packed lunch, and ate the canteen offering of a chicken burger, chips and coleslaw! Rightly so, it made me feel rubbish, physically and emotionally 🙁
    On a positive note, hubby’s blood test results are in – HbA1c = 34 (in Jan was 33, 2 years ago it was 44 I think) so he is well on the road to maintaining and is happy with that. His cholesterol results were better than in January, maybe a bit on the high side still, I’m not sure:
    Serum cholesterol 6.3 mmol/l (same as Jan)
    Serum HDL 1.5 (up from 1.2)
    Chol/HDL ration 4.2 (down from 5.3)
    Serum non HDL 4.8 (donw from 5.1)
    We’re away for the weekend, self-catering so I am busy planning the food order now – it will be low carb food, probably too high in cals, and will involve alcohol 😉

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ruby, chalk yesterday up to experience anf put it behind you. Enjoy your weekend away and don’t panic about the cals and the alcohol … there’s always next week. Congrats to your hubby on his results for us, he’s doing well.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone and thanks so much to Sunny for setting up the new thread. I am ashamed to say I forgot…it was bank holiday here and we were out and I got distracted.
    I am sort of cruising to the end of this very busy Summer 2022. September is always a time of renewal for me. We still have visitors to look after from Sunday and I can’t realistically get into my normal routine yet.
    I will be doing my reset fasting with you Sunny and Sharon.
    Lauren ..if I lived in the UK I would seek you out,I honestly would and give you the biggest hug and tell you to breathe,relax, to not take to heart the insensitive comments of the docs who don’t know your history . You are not failing, you are hurting my friend. Cut yourself some slack. You are doing your best and you are incredible.
    Back soon xx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, maybe the thread is quiet because big mouth (me) has not been around. I am not fully back as we only landed home last night. I did jump on the scales this morning and, although I didnt get away Scot free (just been to Scotland so it fits) I am not too unhappy. I will be waiting for my daughter to get back from her honeymoon on Sunday so we will both be starting again on Monday. I hope I will be around to carry on as I have a hospital appointment on Tuesday and they said to be prepared for admission. At least I will know the worst. Also need to get BG back down and insulin has crept up to around 15 units so a job to do there.

See you all next week.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome back SG !
    Hope you had a fab time…it’s good to see you back ! 🤗🤗🤗🤗

on

Thanks Wendy, it has been a very long and tiring holiday and we are glad to be back home. I feel the stress lift as soon as we get home. I will let you know how I get on on Tuesday. Think it will be a day procedure like a biopsy.

• posted by florob85
    on

Welcome back SG, we missed you, and good luck for Tuesday – will be thinking of you x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to have you ‘home’ SG, hope all goes well on Tueaday, try to enjoy your weekend without stressing about the upcoming hospital appointment. I’m sure you’ll be back on track and seeing results in no time.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Welcome back SG 🤞for Tuesday sending hugs x

on

Quite random, bumped into Cherry Healy in our local supermarket. Normally I am quite reserved and would have looked the other way but she caught my eye and I just had to say hello. She is as lovely in real life as on TV, maybe a bit slimmer. If you dont know who she is she will be pleased as she was looking forward to an incognito holiday and didnt know we could get the prog here in France. She presents the 10 Years Younger programme.

Only been back 2 days and, not really back on plan but have already lost 1lb. Want to go for a swim but it is a bit hot and I struggle to make the effort. Maybe a bit later when it has cooled down. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I love that programme,SG. It’s great seeing people rejuvenated and feeling good about themselves. They have usually had a tough time and lost themselves. I would have recognised Cherry Healy 🤗 I did the same with Ken Loach once when he was boarding the plane from Stansted to Carcassonne. He’s from my home town .

Enjoy getting back into your routine, SG. We have a couple arriving in their caravan tomorrow so it will be a busy week before I can get back on track..then it will be mega reset !
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.
    Thinking of Lauren and anyone else having a tough time .

on

It was Chris that spotted her and quite a coincidence as he has never watched the programme. But when we got home on Thursday we just wanted to flop in front of the TV and that is what was on. Chris became interested as it was a man getting one of the makeovers.

Managed to get a 30 min swim yesterday and my BG are going back down to my normal so will reduce insulin again to get back to the magic 8 units.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    Quickly setting up the new thread , last one for August !

Please log in or register to post a reply.