Arty 1BSD con't Day 18 and onwards

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 18 BS 8.6 mmol/L . Things are going along and into a regular routine. I did not tell you guys that I am a professional fly tyer here in Oz ,have been running my business as a sideline to full time teaching. Now retired since August 1st that is what I do, paint landscapes water colours and oils and tie flies and go fishing in my new boat…. does sound and is good. Oz has some beautiful waterways and the weather is usually good. I am sure ladies you may be married to a fly fisherman so you will know what I am talking about.

Hope everyone is well

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Arty,

What a great life…enjoy!

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 19 . BS 8.6 mmol/L. Planning a trip to Mud Island in Moreton Bay this weekend, weather will be very good no wind and a high tide at Dawn.

Hope everyone is well.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Life sounds great ARTY! Enjoy xx
    Well done on day 19!

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 20. BS 8.3 mmol/L. My daughter’s Twentieth Birthday today, may celebrate with a small piece of Lemon Curd cake and cream.
    Twenty days has gone fast, my three month test is coming up soon and I will be really looking forward to the results. After that I head off into the mountains for a weeks fly fishing with mates as it will be Opening Day for the season. Always love the mountains and the cool air, flora and fauna even the old Tiger and King Brown snakes. Last time we saw Quolls they are truly beautiful animals. Google them if you do not know what a Quoll is. 🙂

Hope everyone is well.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Arty,

Sounds brilliant…just googled Quoll…really cute!!

Am in admiration of the fly tying, though I know little about fishing, the flies/fly’s?? look like miniature works of art.

Enjoy the cake, and the trip to the mountains; watch out for those snakes! I am so thankful we do not have that to contend with here in the UK.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Arty
    Had never heard of a quoll – very beautiful. Not to mention potentially useful for scrabble.
    One of the google images had one bearing his teeth – less cute, but generally lovely.

I met a beautiful baby squirrel this afternoon – no sign of his parents. He came right up to me and sat on my shoes (& tried to nibble them). I didn’t have any nuts, but found some cat biscuits in the car and picked out mostly green ones (I assume they are vegetable).
    I hope he finds his mum and dad again soon – and/or gains some road sense pretty quickly; it seemed a fairly quiet street, but watching him cross the road was quite scary.
    Good luck with the blood tests – I did some about a month in to BSD and had very good reductions in everything.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 21. BS 7.8 mmol/L. Long walk today with Lucky. Beautiful warm days now Spring is here. Glad you both liked Quolls the ones we see are bright orange with white spots and have thick coats. They are related to the now extinct Tasmanian Tiger both have that canine hunters jaws and very sharp teeth. Nocturnal.

Hope everyone is well.

• posted by Frog
    on

morning Arty
    I just googled again to look at more quolls – they are lovely, and yes, some have much more orange coats than others.
    Great that Lucky is doing well and enjoying long walks
    You’re doing well too, blood sugars under 8 again- well done. How did you get on with your GP the other week, you were going to discuss dropping metformin?

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 22. BS 6.9 mmol/L. Hello Frog, yes off the Mets and travelling okay. Went boating on Moreton Day today chasing Longtail Tuna with Lucky and my mate Robbo. Had a wonderful day, the sea was very calm and the islands of Moreton Bay are beautiful, Mud, St Helena and Green Islands. The water is so clear. Lucky jumped in at the boat ramp on our return, he must been really hot, off the wharf which is reasonably high thru some floating weed and when he surfaced he had seaweed stuck to his head.Funny as but for a little while we thought he was not coming up. Casually, swam into the shore none the wiser or at all concerned…..he has become a real salty sea dog.

Hope everyone is well.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 23. BS 8.3 mmol/L. All is good from Oz today.

Hope everyone is well.

• posted by Frog
    on

morning Arty – I missed your post of the other day
    sounds idyllic! glad that you’re both well and having fun

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 28 (4 week review) . BS 8.6 mmol/L. Must have lost some days along the way, definitely started the BSD on the 20/8 so today is Day 28. Feeling okay and no mets for a few weeks now, have loss 3.5 kg and have not stuck strictly to the 800 cal but mostly under 1000 and definitely no bad carbs. Fitbit has been good motivator and are looking forward to the three month blood test results in a couple of weeks. Will try to decrease to 800.
    Hope everyone is well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.