ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS. NATURAL STEVIA SWEETENER ALTERNATIVE. THOUGHTS PLEASE???

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LennoxConner
    on

Hi Mel I am on the understanding that they are a no go. Even though it is not real sugar they still make your insulin spike. Allie and Essie are the ones to go into it deeper but as I understand they effect the fat burning. I have tried a sip of slimline tonic and it was really horrible, I could taste the artificial sweetener! We are trying to get our bodies to not crave sweet things and carbs and thus could be a sure way to break all that and start the cravings again. I have found that if I have a few nuts like pistachios with a little Maldon sea salt on them that stops my cravings dead. Hope this has helped?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I’m with Lennox, they have the same effect on your blood glucose as real sugar but when your body doesnt get the energy hit it creates more craving. However, if I ever do use a substitute on the odd occasion I always use Stevia. It is real so gives the body something to work with rather than not knowing what to do with chemical substitutes. If you must have a soft drink then low cal is better but better avoided for the same reasons. Some people drink 2 litre of the stuff thinking it is okay as it has no calories but, again for the reasons already stated it should be avoided. For myself, I have never had sugar since at 13 an auntie told me it was poison and it took it literally, so I dont have those cravings and have never liked sweet things, not even chocolate. A lump of cheese, well there you have me.

A P.S. here, make sure it is pure Stevia as many of the brands have eurodocyl (excuse spell) in which are another chemical.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Lennox, not sure who you are answering here as it was you who posted the question????

Please log in or register to post a reply.