Arrgh …could scream!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Llandudno
    on

Hi everyone, well week 3 weigh in….. starting to get a bit cheesed off so I lost 2 kg week one then 200 gms last week now the scales say I have put a kg on but I have measured my waist and lost another 3cm which makes it 9 cm all up , all my clothes are looser , my face is thinner ,, I feel so much better my blood levels are coming down which am so happy with , is it time to buy new scales as mine are abit old are they not right? up my calorie intake by a couple of 100 to give me a bit more to eat ? Exercise more , bearing in mind I walk on average 16,000 steps per shift? My water intake I’m building up , I just feel am ticking all the boxes and nothing’s moving at the station! Any pointers most appreciated 🙁

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Keep at it Llandudno. You can and will do it. I am sure someone with more experience of the diet will come along with some good advice soon.

• posted by Verano
    on

9cm off your waist that’s almost 4 inches!!!! Blood levels down!! In just three weeks that’s amazing. Don’t worry too much about the scales maybe they are wrong but nonetheless you are doing so well …. do you know of any other eating plan that would give you such good results in just 3 weeks????

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

You said it yourself, all your clothes are looser and your face is thinner. The fat is clearly going. You don’t mention how much you are drinking, so make sure you are having at least 2.5-3 litres of water, as otherwise the body may ‘hoard’ it. Other things to think about are upping the fat in your diet, and possibly the fibre.

• posted by Avila
    on

TMI alert –

Re the kg up – today I dropped almost kg in one toilet visit ! A delayed movement (and sadly outweighed by the grumpy day binge input) but shows how much ‘weight’ may not be truly us !

• posted by Llandudno
    on

Thank you everyone , I am disheartened abit but not enough to hit the pantry or fridge I don’t know how it happened but I just don’t think of food anymore every other diet I would have by now have given up but am not this one , as to my water well am building that up I would estimate am at about 1 1/2 litres now so hopefully by the end of the week I will get to 2 litres a day I fact I won’t estimate anymore I will measure out 2 litres tomorrow and drink it and be dammed, will let you know how I go on……

• posted by Frog
    on

Have you tested the consistency of your scales?
    there is the well noted (on these forums) phenomenon that you can be getting thinner, as attested by new clothes fitting, etc, while weight seemingly not moving, and yes, bowel movements or lack of make a difference too – but it is worth checking your scales, had problems with mine and replaced them.
    there’s also the basic need to weigh yourself early in the morning, after you’ve been to the loo & before you eat or drink anything.

Some people have written about checking by weighing gym weights, or an object the know the weight of – for me, am really only interested that they are weighing consistently, so that I see progress. With the scales I replaced, I was aware that if I weighed myself two or three times n a row, I’d probably get different weights- and I generally took the lowest one! When I thought it was only 100g or so either way, I wasn’t too fussed – when I noted a difference of a kilo, time to replace the scales.

So – just weigh yourself lots of times in succession, and check that you get the same result.
    When I got the new ones, I didn’t particularly want the fancy BMI. water & fat density stuff, but found a well reviewed set of scales on offer that had them. It took me a while to read the instructions properly and get the fancy stuff working – and in doing that, probably weighed myself about fifty times in quick succession – no variations, aside from 50 grams, which I put down to the exercise of leaping on and off the scales.

• posted by fitter eizzil
    on

Hi, don’t let the little box of springs dictate how you feel. Lower blood sugar, reduced waist, clothes that are loose and a thinner face. You are doing fab. Keep at it!

Please log in or register to post a reply.