Are Arrowroot and Tapioca "allowed"

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bdouglasoz
    on

I’ve found a few paleo recipes that contain arrowroot or tapioca (also in gluten-free recipes). Just wondering if it is considered any better or worse than regular flour from a BSD perspective?

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

That’s what I want to know, does anyone have any idea by now? Specifically tapioca flour. Thanks in advance.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Meh. Cheers though…

• posted by Modom3232
    on

curious too, if it’s allowed

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Tapioca is a very easily metabolized starch. I have read that it is particularly bad for people trying to control blood sugar (I believe there is a discussion of it in Gary Taubes book “Good Calories Bad Calories”). Taubes may also mention it in my favorite book, “Why We Get Fat” (excellent and short discussion of refined carbohydrate effects on the body). Arrowroot is similar. I would avoid both if possible (no pearl tea!).

• posted by tiggi
    on

Have just eaten white sauce made with arrowroot. After 30 mins, blood glucose 8.4! Not good.

Please log in or register to post a reply.