anyone have shakes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chloee
    on

Hi

I travel a lot for work and trying to be prepared in foods I take for breakfast and lunch is at times proving tricky.
    I read in the book that you can have a meal replacement shake for breakfast and lunch and then a meal in the evening.
    What shakes does anyone use please? I want to make sure that I get the right thing, though I am not doing the diet to lower my blood sugars specifically. I am not diabetic nor pre diabetic.
    I just need to lose weight, and finding it all so tasty!

Thanks
    Chloe

• posted by Gtx4Jay.
    on

I have ordered a low carb/sugar protein shake that I will use in combinations with meals . will start the diet as soon as they arrive.

• posted by M.
    on

Hi Chloee
    Just spotted this thread.
    Although some people think they are not a good idea (too processed/not real food etc.) I do use two shakes a days when working away and all that would be available otherwise is sandwiches or other high starchy carbs like chips! (didn’t really want to mention them, like saying something rude!) I use shakes from a company called Certaslim. They allow you to purchase on line and they are low carb (about 12/13g per shake) and low calorie (about 120/135 calories). They are mixed with water and therefore easy to use when travelling. I then have an evening meal using the remainder of my calories and carb g, making sure there is lots of good fat and protein. this is working for me as I have a chaotic and very busy life and it means I only have t think about one meal!
    Hope this helps.

• posted by Gtx4Jay.
    on

I found 3 low arb ones went for this one as it was on offer bogf
    Per 35g:
    Energy: 539 kJ / 129 kcal
    Fat: 1.9g
    of which saturates: 1.1g
    Carbohydrates: 2.8g
    of which sugars: 1.3g
    Fibre: 2.6g
    Protein: 24g
    Salt: 0.15 g

• posted by M.
    on

Gtx4Jay – that looks like an exceptionally good protein content and very low carb. what brand is it?

• posted by Gtx4Jay.
    on

I found 3 on this site
    http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/grenade-hydra-6-908g-tub
    http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/phd-nutrition-diet-whey-2kg-tub
    http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-whey-protein-optimum-health-ultimate-whey-protein-2-25kg#hasKits

I went with the Grenade Hydra 6 as it was on offer with the code and bogf the Phd I will try next was a good low carb/sug and Optimum Health I have tried in the past was good value but more carbs.

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

The only times I get the shake’s is when there is no alcohol to drink! 🍷🍻🍹 cheers.

Please log in or register to post a reply.