Any new starters this week? I started Sept 16th x

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Macloud
    on

12 week on-line plan, lordburnside, eh ? Interesting. Go for it, sir ! But I shall stick to my wobbly interpretation of the BSD (it seems to work) and save my pension ! I was born in Yorkshire, y’see ? With Scottish ad-mix too !

I also lost about 9 lbs in the first couple of weeks, starting from 205 lbs. But since then, progress has been steady and (almost) predictable. I do not find the diet particularly difficult now. It takes a while.

Like you, I want to be way down in weight by Christmas and it is only – yikes ! – just 12 weeks off ! Seems you are timing this very nicely.

10 am and coffee’s ready !

Best of luck. It will be interesting to compare progress.

Macloud

• posted by lordburnside
    on

I am from Stockton on Tees so like to say I live in Yorkshire but do not. I started at 218lbs so I was 6 bags of sugar heavier than you. I looked like I swallowed a spacehopper. I am happy with my progress and the diet is easy enough. Not drinking alcohol is a problem on 3 Saturdays a month when I go out with my friends – its usually 6 pints and two paracetomol.

Christmas Dinner = spinach and a chicken leg. Half a glass of sherry. No pudding! Maybe not!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

definitely not Yorkshire my lord – I used to live in Northallerton and have friends that live in Stockton on Tees.

• posted by gardenista
    on

Hello

I thought this would be a good place to share my progress so far. I’m now half way through week two and finding this week easier than last in terms of hunger, but a little harder in terms of will power. My weight loss in week one was 5lb which I was amazed at, I really didn’t think I would lose that much, and an inch off my waist. This week so far just another pound but I think progress was slightly derailed by following the meal plan and recipes in the diet book which are very inaccurate. I use myfitnesspal to keep track of it all which helps. Favourite recipes so far are the Warm halloumi salad and Chicken and Asparagus salad. I also made the tomato ham and lentil soup from the recipe book which was really nice, actually it made 6 portions not 4, so quite a good low cal lunch and lots of portions in the freezer. Today I managed to fit into a pair of jeans that I hadn’t been able to wear for a while, I’m looking forward to fitting into lots more of my old clothes soon!

• posted by JuniperT
    on

Hi Gardenista
    I agree with what you say about the diet book. I’ve worked out the calories for several of the meals and found them to be less optimistic than the book says. However there are some delicious ideas and I’ve just learned to work out the calories myself. I use Samsung health which is an app ready installed in my phone. you can set your daily calorie limit and it cheers when you get there!! It also splits your intake into carbs, fats and protein so you can easily see whether you are reducing your carbs compared with its recommendation.
    I’ve just completed my 3rd week and have lost a total of 8.5 lbs. Not been well these last couple of days so actually had a small gain this week but back to it now. People have started to comment that I look slimmer, which is nice!

Keep going everyone.

We can do it!!!

• posted by Rookiesuze
    on

I had a little bit of a deviation over the weekend (my fiance took me away and we got engaged, so much celebrating was done!). Starting fresh this week! I did about 920 calories yesterday. I had to have a few jelly beans to keep my sugar levels up. But I’m mostly aiming for around 800-900 calories on ‘fast’ days and around 1000-1200 on non-fast days (I’m trying for a fast day every second day, at least to start with).

• posted by Pancita
    on

Hi JuniperT,
    I didn’t even know I had that on my phone. Seems great, very easy to use, thanks for mentioning it!
    P xx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Congratulations on your Engagement Rookiesuze. Many happy years to you!

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by JuniperT
    on

My few days of being unwell culminated in a 24 hour tummy upset yesterday. I lost 2.5 lbs!! Feeling much better today and I expect they will be back by tomorrow!

• posted by gardenista
    on

End of week 2 and I have lost a total of 8 lbs!! So happy with that, especially as I had a cold this week and was drinking a few lemsips, and sneaking bits of the kids leftovers 🙂 Last night I had the veg curry which really was so filling, so this diet definitely feels manageable and with lots of ingredients that I love I am not missing the treats too much. I even had a cup of tea at a friends yesterday, sat next to a tray full of cup cakes and wasn’t tempted at all, a few weeks ago I would have eaten them without thinking.
    Congratulations on your lovely news Rookiesuze, I am hoping that my new slimmer, healthier figure will give me the confidence to meet somebody nice in the future.

• posted by Lessmuffintop
    on

Well done Gardenista that is brill! Yes it definitely gets easier as you stop expecting to eat so much and your body definitely thank you for it!

My congrats too Rookiesuze ! Marriage is a bit of work but very well worth it! It will be amazing to be slim and wear the outfit of your dreams and feel confident.

• posted by bolly
    on

Congrats to rookiesuze!

I’ve lost about half a stone now and it’s two weeks in. My waist still looks the same to me (must get tape measure out) but my rings and watch are looser!!!! How does that happen! I didn’t exactly have excess fat on my wrists!

Anyway, I’m feeling much better for it although I’ve had a couple of headachy days. Think I need to drink more.

Oh I lost an inch off my waist. That’s nice.

Keep on keeping on folks!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

My rings from junior high school are too big. My shoulder blades, spine and clavicles look like a classroom anatomical model. Meanwhile, my belly and thighs flap in the breeze like a flag on the Fourth of July. Bodies are weird. 😀

• posted by Theodora
    on

Bodies are indeed weird things – I went down 1.5 shoe sizes when I lost my weight (3st ). In my youth, I took a size (uk) 3.5 but just thought my feet were spreading with age and accepted that I had moved to a size 5 X 5.5. However, since losing the blubber I am back to a size 3.5 – 4. I’d never ever thought of my feet as being fat, but obviously they were. Who knew?!!!

PS Bolly, the very first sign I had that this WOE was going to be a game changer was when I had to buy a new watch strap, so go for it – you can do this😂

Esnecca, I am in love with my clavicles, my ribs, my hip bones and, most of all, the gap between my thighs 😃 9 months in, 3.5st gone, 5 months in maintenence. …..We KNOW this works😀

• posted by alliecat
    on

I know, Theodora! I can’t believe that when I stand with my feet and
    ankles together, nothing touches all the way up! It is wild….

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wild indeed Allie. In a fantasmagorical way 😃

Please log in or register to post a reply.