Any easy recipes?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Pip1012
    on

I’ve just read the whole book tonight and was really excited whilst reading it as I knew it was something I could and would do…….that is until I got to the recipes at the end and my heart sank. Looks like it’s going to be cheesy baked beans all the way for me as that’s pretty much the only one I can do. Or understand. I mean……what on earth is a snow pea when it’s at home? Or a navy bean? Yes, I’m a food philistine I know. ๐Ÿ˜”

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    Don’t worry too much about the recipes in the book. As a vegi, I couldn’t follow most of them anyway. – So the start point is to cut out the “big whites”. – Bread, pasta, rice, sugar, chocolate, pizza, All the big sources of carbs in your diet.

There are lots of sources online of other menus, just do a search for keto, or low carb recipes.

We tend to organise ourselves on the forum into having a support group with a thread that starts each tuesday. If you look for the latest posts you will find the thread. On it you will find a mixture of newcomers and old hands to this way of eating who are happy to help an support each other.

• posted by Pip1012
    on

Thank you so much for your reply. ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel a bit better about it now.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Pip, I’ve always keor things simple, so just stripped out the high carb components. For instance for dinner it’s just be a protein source(meat, fish, cheese, eggs) and salad or above ground leafy veggies. Breakfast/lunch is full fat greek yogurt with berries, nuts, seeds etc. As you get onto the swing of things, you can try out different combos and maybe experiment a little.

Do join us on the weekly thread. You’ll be very welcome to join at any point, so don’t worry about waiting for the new thread to start. This weeks has 28th July in the title.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Pip, a lot of us have found the Diet Doctor and Cafe Delites websites a great source for low carb, and easy, recipes. There are also some lovely recipes on here, including EC’s spicy aubergine – look at the Recipes section. Tonight I had sweet heart cabbage/bacon/mustard/cream. Really easy; pan fry bacon cut into strips or lardons; remove from pan; in a bit of olive oil and butter gently fry the shredded cabbage till tender and some bits golden/crsipy; return bacon to pan; add Dijon mustard to taste, plus pepper; sgle cream; heat and serve. Cafe Delites have something very similar with Brussel sprouts, oven roasted. Bacon can be omitted of course.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

PS: i have no idea what a navy bean is either…Is a snow pea a mange tout or endemame???

• posted by Pip1012
    on

Oh wow. That sounds delicious. Something I’d never think of doing. Thank you so much. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.