Amazing drop in blood sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jacattack
    on

Just wanted to post this in case anyone is looking at the forums trying to decide if this diet is worth trying.
    In 6 days my fasting blood sugar has gone from 15.3 to 9.3 and I’ve lost 3.5 pounds, weight loss might have been more but I had a leaving night at the weekend which involved gin and a burger and chips.
    The first two days were tough but can honestly say i’m not hungry and feel better than i have in months. Wee bit to go to get the blood sugar in normal zone but massively chuffed so far.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Excellent Jacattack I’ve gone from 9.8 to 6.8
    This diet works and I’ll argue the point with any so called health professional who says different.

• posted by Superred
    on

I’m struggling , I’m a T2 on insuline twice a day . 12 units in the morning and 7 units in the evening . Been on the BS diet for two days and my reading are high . Morning was 11.0 and evening before bed is 12.8 . I have stopped taking my insuline whilst on this diet . Will it take a few days for my BS to drop to a normal range . Any help would be appreciated ?

• posted by SwallowedanAmazon
    on

I’m only pre-diabetic, but it took 7 days to reach two lower readings (5.7 from a usual of 6.8), and I actually had a spike higher than I’ve ever had on day 3.

• posted by Fredforest
    on

Superred it is not a good idea to stop your medication without talking to your doctor, especially if you are on insulin. You have to be on the diet for a while until your readings start to change.

• posted by loulabugs
    on

This diet is absolutely worth doing. I started on 26 January, my blood sugar reading has gone from 19.1 to 5.4, I’ve lost 11lbs. I’m going to see my GP in the morning to see if I can reduce my Metformin (on 1500mg pd).

• posted by Jacattack
    on

Day 8 update, fasting bs 7.2. I am honestly amazed.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Blood sugar readings
    I came off januvia/sitagliptin 100 mg one a day when I started this plan five weeks ago.
    I reduced then stopped metformin over week ago 4xpills day

My reading today at 7 pm five hours after lunch was 6.2 which I’m very very happy with ,will check again in couple hours.

Not doing mornings yet as everyone knows they’re crazy !

What kinds readings should I be aiming for and expecting now ??

Alan fifth week stone n half off pants falling down ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Re above post 6.2 before my salmon salad
    I’ve been really naughty and gone to the pub first time five weeks
    Drank full bottle white wine and soda
    Came home did my bs it was 6.4 ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”
    What do you guys make from that,off pills as I said in previous post above.
    This has to be a fluke or maybe it’s working ,dare I hope please ?
    Cheers and goodnight Alan (used to call me Big Al !)

• posted by Natalie
    on

Alanhypno my understanding of how alcohol affects BS is that in the short term it actually makes it drop rather than rise, but then you have a rise later (like in the middle of the night, or the next morning). It is metabolised differently to food.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Natalie
    Thank you so much for that info re my FULL bottle of white vino last night,I was very very naughty .
    I have just taken fasting blood this morning and it was 7.1.
    It’s been much higher in mornings
    Don’t know what to make of this since I stopped all my meds
    Alan opinion welcome ๐Ÿค”

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Alan
    you gave your body sugar and carbs in the wine.
    Because your body had to process that overnight, the probability is that there was no need for it to release stored sugar as usual, hence the lower reading.
    It’s all a very complex puzzle that we are only scratching the suface of at the moment.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Very complicated this BS reading thing
    I think I’ll just stay off the meds and simply aim for a decent regular average reading
    6 and below seems a nice number
    Do we agree? Alan ,seeming much more calm n relaxed five weeks in,strange ๐Ÿค”

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’d say 6 and below is very nice in the circumstances.
    Keep it up, nice to hear you’re a lot more relaxed now ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi Alanhypno, Just wondering if you came off your meds by yourself? (I.e. no GP intervention?) I’ve halved my Metformin but am now on week 11. I daren’t take the big step of going med free though!!

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Stopped that januvia pill at start of 8 weeks, reduced then stopped metformin altogether now
    So not seen doc or nurse,may get a telling off but what the hell.
    BS seems to be reducing I’ve got that Beurer app for bs and BP also weight so see it as a graph and list
    BP doing well too
    It’s spiked few times but pleased with readings of just over 6 lately,I don’t know what a scary reading looks like !

If it’s mainly below 7.2 with sixes thrown in and reducing I’ll carry on regardless.

Stuck to the food plan some wine and maybe calories over few times but zero carbs now in week 6

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

So before my dinner 6.8
    Stopped all pills is this high what ?
    Alan week six

• posted by Leeanne
    on

It’s brill. 2hrs post dinner and mine’s 11.8!! I had a veggie burger and a small bag steamed veg. I blame carrots!!

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

7.9 two hours after my carrot n swede mash with slices beef !
    Maybe it was those pea nuts I had after?
    Seems I get a little over confident at times
    Alan

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

THANK YOU EVERYONE ON HERE
    today I dropped below 18 stone for first time in 20 years
    Over two stone lost
    Strangely I only look about 15 stone as over six foot quite well built an ruggedly handsome
    Ok I lied about last one !

Am I going to tell everyone
    You bet
    Alan oh did I mention I lost two stone

Week six finished

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Brilliant Alan
    are you, like me, going to bring that 6 pack out of hiding now ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Bill and Alan

Sounds like you’ll be the BSD Chippendales!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

LMAO
    Can’t comment re Alan but me? a Chippendale???
    More like an Ikea reject.
    I may just post some images after my holiday and see if I can dig anything out from a couple of years back ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by captainlynne
    on

LOL Bill

Trust me, you’re no reject – IKEA or otherwise!

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Wouldn’t it be great if there was an option to post pics on here! Before and after photos would be the ideal motivation!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Wow everyone is doing so well on here and big congrats Little Alan ๐Ÿ˜„

My bs went from 116 to 83ish on day 3 and is still there. East on meds yet so lad I won’t have to go on them with this food plan. We measure in US so not sure how that compares but under 100 is good bs here so 83 is a super star.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Leeanne, it can be done I think
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t163/zog54/310033_3255487882468_2104016170_n.jpg

Lets see if that works
    Ok you need to open a free account at photobucket.com
    Upload images to your album by dragging and dropping as instructed
    Then double click the “Direct” link on the right of the image, and post the link.
    I just uploaded this image of my poor old Cairn terrier who passed a couple of years ago ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

that worked Bill – how did you do it?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’ve added the insructions Frog
    It’s dead easy ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Wow! I can see lots of pics coming soon! A rogues gallery!
    Bill, that’s a lovely photo.
    I’m not very PC literate so might enlist my daughter to help me do it.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

My daughter did that photo just after Soozie died.
    She was a brilliant dog and the whole family loved her.
    In fact she used to go on sleepovers to all their homes, at the kids request of course.
    Sadly she passed while we were on holiday and she was staying at Catherines, cost me ยฃ87 in mobile calls to the vets from Turkey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.