After just 3 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, don’t think I have published my blood glucose results. I take my test every morning before breakfast. I always have a small (healthy) snack just before bed so have not eaten for around 9 hours. I started off at 190 (HBA1c 10.5) and I am now down to 104 or 5.7 this morning. I have been lower but that is not my aim as I want to avoid hypos. I have reduced my insulin from 37 units each evening to 28. I have also reduced my diamicron from 3 tablets each morning to 2.

I think my body has settled at a good level and hopefully I will be able to reduce insulin further as it levels out. Two years ago I was using 24 units and everything went to hell after following the recommendations of a nutritionist who added carbs into every meal, told me to cut down on protein (even though I only ate 1 portion per day). The result was 5 kg weight gain and bloods running at over 200 (HBA1c 11). That is what led me to find this diet.

I couldn’t be happier and don’t care if I never see another plate of rice or potatoes. But, there is a box of wine already opened that has been sat there for nearly 4 weeks. If it goes sour I will just have to use it as white wine vinegar.

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi sunshine-girl, that sounds like a good result! Hopefully you can take the results into your GP and show them how it really should be done!

Please log in or register to post a reply.