advise please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mazzyp
    on

i’m vegetarian . will this work for me?
    never followed diets before as don’t eat meat or fish or kidney/cannelloni beans.
    any help please

• posted by olisue
    on

Hi Mazzyp, I’m vegan and I’ve been following the BSD for 2 weeks now. So far I’ve lost 7lbs.
    I have used some of the recipes in the book and have adapted some of the meaty ones. For example I used soya mince in the skinny chilli. I think it can be done as a veggie, and so far I’m feeling great.

Louise

• posted by mazzyp
    on

I have a problem with meat replacements as it’s the texture of meat I don’t like ( and haven’t eaten meat, soya or tofu etc for over30 years) . will it be ok to substitute vegetables for meat?

• posted by carbcraver
    on

Hello

I have just joined the forum tonight(only 2cnd day of the 8 weeks) and I totally identify with what you say about meat replacements, so far I have used paneer, eggs and cottage cheese as my proteins and I have just bought some black beans to use in recipes-
    I think that my vegetarian diet had made me become over reliant( and over fond of) carbs so I am hoping to acquire some better eating habits !

• posted by Garden78
    on

Hi I’ve been substituting some of the meat with other products as I usually eat several meat free meals a week. I’ve found a cheap low carb vegan cookbook on Amazon which has some ideas and I’ve prepared spiced scrambled tofu to have with the portobello mushrooms. The beetroot falafel from the diet book was good and I’ve had a tofu topped roasted vegetable bake ( tofu, garlic , soya milk and herbs blitzed and put on top). You need to use protein Mazzyp or it won’t be a balanced diet. Quorn could be an option for you, soups with beans or chickpeas. Good luck

Please log in or register to post a reply.