Advice please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Arty Lesley
    on

Hi everyone.
    I started my 800 plan on the 1 April having been diagnosed with type 2 the previous day. I lost 10lbs the first week, but only 2lbs in week 2 when I was expecting more and I have stuck rigidly to the plan. I do have another 5 stone to lose so I’d appreciate it if you could share your experiences with me please.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Don’t give up it will work. Some bodies do take a bit of time to understand what you are asking of them and that you mean it this time! What you have experienced has happened to many. I’m sure someone will be along with advice. As long as you stick to the programme, keep your carbs at 50 or below, drink plenty of fluid especially water your body will give in😀.

Best wishes for an easy downward trend from now on.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

10 lbs is an awful lot to lose in one week but very do-able on this plan. But then your body goes into a sort of shock state and needs a little time to readjust itself. Another 2 lbs this week so you are still losing and it will go in fits and starts, you will even have the occasion when you wont lose anything at all and will need to be patient, it will work. One of the things with a big weight loss is that you have probably lost internal organ fat and probably a few inches from your waist (did you measure before you started) so that initial loss is very important to the purpose of the diabetes repairing. What about your blood glucose levels. You are in a fortunate position to be newly diagnosed (not fortunate to have diabetes) and this plan should give you the cure it promises. Not so for someone like me who has been diagnosed for 12 years and it is a slow but definite process.

Good luck and keep on keeping on…

• posted by Arty Lesley
    on

Thank you for your advice. It’s nice to know how other people have fared and that it’s likely only a body adjustment. My blood glucose levels fell 10 points in the first week, which was probably a combination of the diet and being on Metformin. and I’m hopeful that given four months, I’ll be managing my diabetes with diet alone.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Very naughty of the doctor to put you straight on medication without allowing you to try diet first, but that is what we are up against. Keep going and you can chuck the Metformin in the bin soon enough.

Please log in or register to post a reply.