Advice Please.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mel the Feline
    on

Hi, I started the 800 cal diet on Monday and have lost 5 1/2 lbs so far. Question: how much milk can we have? I’ve not had a lot of dairy since starting but is there a specific amount of milk? (not cheese as I always weigh it anyway). Thanks.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Mel the Feline – good result so far, well done!
    There is no specific amount of anything stated on the BSD 800, other than the daily calorie intake. It up to you how you choose to use those calories during the day, so if you want to use a given proportion of them for milk, go ahead but remember to measure and record what you are consuming.
    Do keep an eye on your carbs though and actually, milk is fairly high in carbs at 5g per 100ml. A half tablespoon of cream in coffee or tea is a good option if you are watching the carbs and it’s also a good way to use some calories, as the fat content makes you feel fuller and you stay feeling sated for longer.
    Keep doing what you are doing, as it is certainly working for you. Look forward to reading more positive results from you soon.

• posted by Chubbs1975
    on

All depends on your goals.
    I cut it out initially, but I’m not a fan of black tea.
    I don’t count the calories for the tea and coffee I drink, but I don’t like Milky drinks either, (no lattes or cappuccinos for me).
    As with everything it’s about what suits you, not everything works for everyone and it depends on what your personal targets are.

• posted by Mel the Feline
    on

Thanks guys. I drink black tea anyway and have switched to flavoured coffees as they are easier to drink black. I’ll stick to a milky coffee every now and again then and carry on weighing my cheese.

Please log in or register to post a reply.