Advice – Peripheral Neuropathic foot problems

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, I am posting this as a separate issue to my usual monthly thread. For a couple of weeks I have been suffering from a feeling in one foot at the outer side as if I am wearing socks. Not painful but annoying. Then I started with what I thought was athletes foot between the toes on both feet. I always have something to treat this so used it and it seemed to clear up. However, I was left with a painful itching under my foot, no skin redness or broken skin, just a permanent feeling of itching and burning, especially at night. Doing some research I came across peripheral neuropathic foot disorder which is very common in diabetics. I keep my BG at a good low level so didn’t think I would have problems yet.

Has anyone else had this problem – I am tempted to see my doctor but I have an appointment with the chiropodist on Tuesday so will discuss with her.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Dont need advice now, chiropodist says it is athletes foot and has given me the same thing I was using in powder for in cream form as she says it is better.

Please log in or register to post a reply.