Advice needed from the experts 1 week into BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mags Gardner
    on

Happy with results so far 12 stone wanting to go down to 10.7 sticking to 700-800 calories a day and approximately 50g carbs a day lost 4 lbs just checking this is right in regards carbs or should I be looking to lower? Also had a treat of twister ice lolly today at 47 cals, 8.6 carbs is this acceptable? Or should I be avoiding? Looking forward to your replies 🙂

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Maggs,

‘re twisted treat: If it was me it would be avoid at all costs. That’s because sweet carb foods start a craving response and I want to eat much more food in general. Perhaps that would not be an issue for you?

🌻

• posted by BSD
    on

5 months in, try and follow the recipes in the books, anything you are not making yourself is not good (too many hidden things). I never worried about the food ratios because I followed the recipes. My focus was reversing the Diabetes, not the weight loss, that was just the bonus.

• posted by josie53
    on

i am on day 9 don’t feel i am doing all that well, i am also trying to reverse the diabetes i am keeping below 800 calories, also on 10th day of metformin. Not feeling like i have that much energy so am hoping that is all about the lack of carbohydrates.

I am not following the menus in the book maybe thats why i am not losing very much weight. I will continue to persevere.

• posted by BSD
    on

Josie – First 2 weeks are tough and you won’t feel great – but if you stick with it after 8 weeks you will feel FAB. I suggest you try the recipes as they have worked out the right combination of foods I think to make the difference now and for the long term. It’s about changing what you eat and taste buds forever, not just a calorie count. I reversed mine by doing it this way, with the short exercise and 10k steps a day. My HBA1c went from 69 to 38, so it is possible. I wasn’t on Meds so not sure what influence Metformin has – try asking Bill1954.

Try sticking to the book rules, you should see a difference in your BS in the first 2 weeks and then you will know if you are on the right path. Good Luck

Please log in or register to post a reply.