Advice for starting the 8 week BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dearbecks
    on

Hello

My husband and I are planning to start the diet next week. We are both over weight & I suffer with poly cystic ovary syndrome, which insulin resistance & uncontrolled blood sugar is closely related. My husband also had a routine liver ultrasound before Christmas which showed some fat deposits. Obviously we became concerned & hence came across the BSD. I have read the book, but was just looking for any hints/tips/suggestions which you think would prove useful for the next 8 weeks & beyond. Thank you! 😊

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Dearbecks

Welcome to the BSD family.

First, clear your kitchen of carbs and all the foods not allowed on the plan. Forget all you’ve learned about dieting in the past. Use full-fat goods and milk. Drink plenty of water.

There’s usually someone on here to give advice and/or support. Check out all the posts on the forums. If you have a question, please ask.

And let us know how you and your husband progress with this. We love to hear the stories.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Dearbecks and welcome to your new life.
    Great advice from Lynne, I would add check out the recipe section for meal ideas, there ard some great ideas in there, a lot of them now from forum posters.
    Don’t be afraid to use herbs and spices to liven things up, and above all, enjoy the next 8 weeks, it’s going to be amazing.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi dearbecks, welcome to the forums. Great advice there from lynne and bill. I’m going to look forward to your future posts about your improving health! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.