Advice for high adrenaline days!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Aggy
    on

Hi – have recently started the BSD and doing really well so far. Has anyone got any experience of being on this diet with a high adrenaline job? I am a singer and so every now and then I perform under highly stressful conditions. The following day is always a massive post-adrenaline day. Coping on 800 calories has been really really tough on those days. Any advice?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Aggy, and welcome to the BSD family.

I think I can say I have a high adrenaline job. I’m a minister so find myself in lots of stressful situations.

In the past I noticed that my blood sugars were always adversely affected by the stress, so was interested to see that this hasn’t happened since following the BSD. Once my blood sugars started to drop, the ‘adrenaline increase’ didn’t happen.

I do change my routine on a Sunday, and sometimes on other, stressful, days. Normally I only eat breakfast and an evening meal, not being hungry inbetween. On Sunday I eat breakfast, then mid afternoon because I’m not at home when I would normally eat. Sometimes I have a small snack when I get home again, but that is becoming less common.

From always carrying food with me ‘just in case’ I no longer need to do this.

I find that being post-adrenaline makes me feel exhausted, so plan for that. I make sure I have something low-carb already prepared so I don’t have to think about it – just grab and eat. Or something that takes minimal preparation. It’s not a time to start preparing anything complex. In the past it would have been a sandwich or possibly a ready-meal. Now it can be left-overs, sliced cooked meat (or poultry), salad – something along those lines. I also found it helped to make sure there was no bread or other high-carb food in the house.

Hope this helps

Please log in or register to post a reply.