Accompanying veg

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by silver
    on

In some of the recipes it says you can have a salad with them, and then in others it doesn’t stipulate. But I was dreaming of having the steak and I can see in the photo in the book it is with a green salad is to okay to add do you think anyone? Many thanks

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Silver, it does say at the very end of the recipe ( on the facing page) to serve with a green salad. So go for it 🙂

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Yes definitely Silver, fill your boots! Most above ground veg are low carb, low cal, high fibre and full of vitamins and minerals so great replacements for the things we are now avoiding. My personal favourite is any kind of veg mash with butter – great comfort food!

• posted by silver
    on

Oh yes veg mash – didn’t think of that. I just had the beetroot falafels with a bunch of steamed broccoli and basil – and the dollop of yogurt. But mash is now in my sights… thanks Janet

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I had cauli mash for the first time yesterday (had been using swede or celeriac mash) and I was surprised at how tasty and creamy it was when mashed with a little butter and lots of black pepper.
    Give it a try

• posted by Scotgran
    on

I love both cauliflower rice and cauli mash, also butter bean mash. They all work for me in place of potatoes. I’ve said it before, but if in the UK do try Tesco 3 for2 tubs of cauli rice veg couscous and spiralised carrot squash or courgette. Honest I don’t work for them, just really love these handy tubs.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I sometimes put a little cheese into cauliflower and mash it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.