About to start.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi I have ordered the bsd book so will be starting asap I have been dieting unsuccessfully for 42 years, I feel exhausted, and hopeful of this way of eating. I have very little self control with food, so am hoping for motivation, from this great site. I am pre diabetic, and on warfarin and b.p. Medication. So hopefully start mon or Tuesday’s, once I have digested not literally hehe the book. Appreciate any tips. Can’t wait to get started.

• posted by Just do it
    on

H Greenjanet, just a little thought, I don’t have the book with me but seem to remember something mentioned about warfarin users, doing it, you might need to check with your gp first, see what the book says, there might be mention of it on this site too. Otherwise the bsd is absolutely amazing. I’ve lost very slowly but still enjoying it 12 weeks later and a lot of people have had huge losses. Good luck.

• posted by josie53
    on

Good luck with your start, i was very foggy headed for the first couple of weeks, also started taking Metformin at the same time as the diet, feeling slightly better now. its been said on here that it is to do with the withdrawal from Carbs.

• posted by libertina
    on

yes, I have just finished reading the book and am about to start tomorrow! 3 years ago I lost 3 stone at Slimming World and felt great but life crisis got in the way and I put it all back on plus another stone. I feel so unhealthy now. I need to stop shovelling carbs in all day long. I eat masses of chocolate so this is going be a challenge, but reading about amazing weight losses and knowing that it will improve my health is motivating me. I have a lot of very difficult stuff going on in my life now but I know if I wait for the ‘right time’ it will never happen! Scales this morning sat 16 stone 7. I’m 5 ft 5 so this needs to change. I wish everyone else success and I know from my time at Slimming World that chatting to others, especially when the going gets rough, is a massive help.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi libertina
    Sorry only just seen your post, you can do it, I was like you lost 3 st with Slc and put it all back on, always stuffing my face.so if I can do it we all can . I feel amazing now want to fast walk everywhere, so keep it up let me know how you are doing.
    Regards jan

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi there,greenjanet! ,following on from what’ just do it ‘ said,you do need to see yr doc first if youre on warfarin ( page 116 of MMs BSD book)
    I do hope you can go ahead with thus..i am on day ten and its easier than you might think,plus the results makeit all worth while..i lost 12 lb my first week. As a serial yoyo dieter and gainer/ loser of stones over the years,i feel hopeful this will work… I plan to do 24 weeks tho jumping ahead of myself a bit there seein as its only day ten as yet!😀 Xx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser and just do it.
    Thankyou for the advice re warfarin, I am aware of that info as I have a medical profession also. I started on the 29 July and have lost 23 lbs with no side effects, other than delight, at the departure of my insatiable appetite. I wish you both well.
    Regards jan

Please log in or register to post a reply.