A Newbie

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Hi All,

I have just started and so far finding it all ok. Some of the recipes look very tasty and am looking forward to trying them out. I am at the moment 18st 11lbs (115kg) and am hoping to lose at least 3 stone (20kg) by Christmas.

I am determined this time that I am going to stick this out as so many times I have tried and failed.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi Hammerbabe, welcome to the BSD forum. You’ve set yourself quite an ambitious goal. Good luck on your journey.

• posted by Raemac
    on

Hello hammer babe

I started today 92kg and am going to lose 10kg before Christmas ๐ŸŽ„

I will keep an eye on your progress

Best of luck

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Hello Hammerbabe good luck I have a lot to lose as well 15 stone 6.5 this morning would love to be in the 13stone bracket cannot remember the last time I was. Started this journey 1.10.16 at 16stone 2.5lbs really happy with my 10lb weight loss so far. Love reading everyone blogs there are some really encouraging comments. Like you determined this time I will get to my goal weight I haven’t decided on one yet going to how I look and feel nearer the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

There’s a thread on here called 1st week amazement that you might find interesting โ€“ the person started at a similar weight and it’s inspiring how well they’ve done. Good luck with it!

• posted by Itsnotabout
    on

Hi All
    I started the 800 diet last week and when I weighed in yesterday I was disappointed to find that I had hardly lost at all barely a kilo!.
    I don’t have a lot to lose at 66.5 kilos and 152cm tall but I have been told that I’m pre-diabetic and my Doctor has advised me to lose a few kilos especially around the waist and Tum . Anyone know what I’m doing wrong ?

• posted by Natalie
    on

As a percentage of your weight that is probably still a good amount.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Measure your waist instead of looking at the weight loss, if you have only a little weight to lose. The fast diet should clear the visceral fat from around your organs but for some reason that doesn’t seem to affect the scales in the same way as more distributed fat, possibly because the fat weight is replaced by water weight in the now healthier tissue.

• posted by Cailleach
    on

HI Hammerbabe, I just started today (19th) and am just a bit heavier than you at 19st 2.75lbs. Looking forward to getting to grips with this, and must admit to looking forward to my dinner this evening (mushroom courgette and goats cheese bake).

My portion control (what control) is appalling, so glad to see all the resources on here and all the lovely people willing to help, as well as things such as My Fitness Pal for seeing how the carbs, fat, and protein shape up!

I hope you feel as excited as I do, good luck!

Catriona

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Hi Catriona,

I am now on day three and managing to not eat stuff I shouldn’t.

I am really looking forward to trying out the recipes as some of them look really delicious

I do feel really positive at the moment and am determined to stick to this one and not fall off the wagon

Good luck and hope everything goes well for you

Tanya

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Hi Getting my life back

Thanks, I hope that you do well on this journey. It is nice to know that there are people out there who are in the same boat
    I did weigh myself this morning and it said that I had put on 1lb. I am not going to let this deter me as I think that my body is just getting used to not eating so much

I am hoping to have a good result at the end of the week

Good luck with as your name says ‘Getting my life back’

HammerBabe

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Hi Raemac

Best of luck in losing your 10KG before Christmas

Hope that it all goes well

• posted by Hammerbabe
    on

Hi Snoop,

I know that it is a bit of an ambitious goal, that is what I am aiming for but if I do not lose all 3 stone, then I won’t beat myself up about it.

Thank you for the welcome to the group

Hope your journey goes as expected

• posted by Itsnotabout
    on

Thanks for the reply Mixnmatch.
    It was encouraging to read that the fat is probably going from the inside, I will certainly be continuing with the diet as I do feel so much better.

Please log in or register to post a reply.