A blowout on week 11!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Today has been a bad day. It’s rained all day, I’m full of cold yet again, I’m pre-menstrual and I’ve had a major fall off the wagon on week 11 to the tune of 2115 cals today. My b.s. just now (2hrs post dinner) was 10.7.
    I’ve eaten: 2 fage Greek yog, lots strawberries, half a cod fillet, mushy peas, 1 x babybel, 1 x dairylea triangle, 3 weetabix, half pt milk, tsp sugar, 2 x 70g packs nuts and several cups tea. (The nuts alone cost me 900 cals). I feel rather full!!! Back on the wagon tomorrow for sure and on to week 12.

• posted by Julie Pig
    on

Just think about how well you have done in all the other weeks and don’t be disheartened. Get back on it tomorrow and you’ll move on and forget about today.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Aside from the weetabix, your food although high is calories was still lower carb and not rubbish food. If you can put this in your past already it’s just one day, in the long run this will make little or no difference to your story.

Just get right back on that wagon 🙂 Good luck with week 12!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Leeanne,

As Izzy wrote most of the food was lower carb and not rubbish.

I want to highlight 2 things for you. 1. You write about a major fall off the wagon which proves you are now aware of what food you eat. If you had eaten this food prior to the BSD would you have even known you’d consumed 2115 calories in a day? (I know I wouldn’t have)
    2. You know how to get back on the wagon.

Think of all of the things you’ve learned over the last 11 weeks. Every one of them have equipped you with the knowledge of how to get back on the wagon.
    I can’t finish this post without a plug for mindfulness meditation. Have you explored this BSD principle yet?

Best wishes for a better day tomorrow.

• posted by GillyD
    on

I had a bit of a bad day today and I think it’s because I am pre menstrual too. I ate an entire bag of mini poppadums ( 500 cals) and 2 glasses of wine… On the plus side I went to the gym and swimming and have the kit packed for after work tomorrow! I’m not going to beat myself up about my slip. It’s a long term goal and like you tomorrow I will just get back on track 🤗

• posted by Frog
    on

I’ve had a really grazy /nibbling day to day (day 5) – I haven’t gone over 800 calories, a bit on carbs (65 in total)
    Snacking on raw cabbage spread with marmite (13 cal, 1.5 carbs) may be weird, but has to be better than going out to buy chocolate!

hope you feel better tomorrow

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Thank you lovely people!
    I’ve woken up today full of determination. FBS this morning was 8.8 – to be expected but better than pre-BSD.
    It’s good that we can share our downfalls once in a while!!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Leeanne,
    I think it’s always easier when there are friendly folk around to share the ups and the downs.
    It’s a delight to read that you’re motivated today.
    Best wishes.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi Switzerland, yes you’re right. Pre-BSD I never knew how many cals/carbs a lot of foods contained – just ate without a second thought ! Thanks to this way of eating I’m more aware of good and bad foods. I’ve got “the little book of mindfulness” which I refer to sometimes. Will look into the meditation more I think.

• posted by Frog
    on

It’s scary, isn’t it Leanne
    I just posted elsewhere that I was horrified when I measured out the recommended serving of mayonnaise – and that was just over 100 calories.
    Pre BSD I’d probably have eaten about three times that amount, to accompany chips of course.

Total calories in the mayonnaise came to almost half those in a fairly substantial burger in the same meal.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Hi frog, yes I know -it’s amazing how many cals are in some foods. Nuts have surprised me – you don’t get many for nearly 500 cals. Pre this diet I must have been eating easily about 3000 cals a day!! Glad those days have gone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.