A bit of a query

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BeckyCrew
    on

Hi All,

I started the diet a week a go and have found it really easy to stick to. I lost 6lb in the first week, which is amazing and this has encouraged me to keep it up.

However, over the last couple of days I haven’t lost anymore – in fact, I have gained a little. I’m not sure why as I’m still doing the diet and apart from a piece of cake at the weekend have been staying away from the naughties!

Has anyone else experienced this? I don’t want it to carry on as I know how easily I lose motivation 🙁

Thanks!

• posted by Sabrina77
    on

Hi BeckyCrew,

I had the same issue, lost 7lbs in the first week & nothing in the second week. Now into week 3 & I have lost another 2 lbs. On the other hand my blood sugars have been brilliant & I have so much energy.

Also there is a weight plateau thread which has people saying similar things. So please don’t be demotivated & keep going!!!

Good Luck !!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi BeckyCrew

Yes, I too experienced a plateau in week two, only dropping a pound towards the end of that week. Then in week three nothing lost at all. It is demoralising when the scales don’t shift. Using other threads on the forum though, it seems this is normal and people experience these plateaus at various points in the 8wks, but particularly in weeks 2 & 3. The collective wisdom is to keep going, as at 800cals a day you can’t fail to lose weight at some point.

I am just starting in on week four and because of the poor results in the last couple of week (lost 6lb in week one) I am this week, checking my carb intake as well as calories, to make sure I am genuinely getting my 800 for low carb foods.

Don’t waste time beating yourself up for the piece of cake and don’t be discouraged by the poor showing on the scales, it will happen as long as you stay determined and focused on making this change work for you. Make the most of these forums when you are wavering, as there is loads of advice and support here.

Good luck on more success this week.

• posted by BeckyCrew
    on

Thanks for your replies 🙂 It’s nice to know it’s not a problem unique to me, but demoralising all the same. I will keep on with it (despite the slice of pizza I had for lunch today!).

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Draw a line under the pizza and move on. Stay focused and get back on track. You will be seeing better results soon.

• posted by BeckyCrew
    on

Thanks for the advice. I took a look at what I was consuming carb wise and it had started to creep up so I’m back to keeping it under 50g per day. I have started losing again, although not at the previous rate but I am glad that I am no longer gaining!

The other thing I’ve noticed is that in the first week I found the diet really easy – no cravings or hunger or anything. But this week I have been struggling with feeling hungry and with craving carbs/chocolate/pastry etc. I have managed to resist but I just wondered if others experienced this, and if so when the cravings start to decrease?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi BeckyCrew
    Yes loads of people have experienced it.
    First week your body doesn’t know what has hit it and it will still burn carbs remaining in storage so the weight will go down without any real side effects.
    Second week is a different story, the body has run out of carbs and it starts crying out for them as they are so much easier to burn than fat and to your body that is efficiency, hence the cravings (mistaken by many for actual hunger)
    By week 3 you should be going in to fat burning mode and your system is working so hard to burn the fat, it doesn’t have time to think about carbs, and that is the point where you will lose interest in them too.
    Stick to your guns, you’re almost there.

Please log in or register to post a reply.