8lb loss week 1, 0lb loss week 2 – feeling despondent!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Summer
    on

Was looking forward to getting on the scales this week after an excellent first week. I can’t be hitting a plateau already, surely? Does anyone have any explanations?

I still have over 2 stone to lose.
    I ate better this week than last.
    I did more exercise this week than last.
    I’m either using recipes from the book or v close with no ‘cheating’ foods.
    (I’m in the middle of my cycle so wouldn’t expect weight gain/water retention at this stage).

Also, I’m not diabetic but had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies.

Please – help me out of the dolldrums! 🙂

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hi Summer, don’t be despondent, and keep it up!

Couple of questions…. 1) have you been drinking lots? Can’t emphasise enough how drinking lots of water helps! 2) have you measured yourself as well as weighed? If you’re doing lots of exercise then you might be building more lean muscle mass (which is heavier than fat) so your loss could be in inches rather than pounds.

• posted by Summer
    on

Thanks, Timmy. Been drinking at least 2 litres everyday except yesterday so will remember to do this. I have taken measurements and am due to do so again tomorrow (having been a week since I took them). Here’s hoping an improvement there.

I will definitely keep plugging away with this way of eating as, although I would have liked to see some weight loss this week, I do feel good about myself – I mean, I’ve eaten well and exercised.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I find the losses are quite up and down. week 2 or 3 I lost only 0.5lb, but then the next week 2.5. Another week recently I lost 0.5 again, just keep doing it because it does work in it’s own time. Timmy gave great advice 🙂

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hopefully the measurements will give you a boost, but even if it’s not as much as you hoped, the path to a healthy body isn’t always linear, but the it’s the long term trend that counts.

• posted by Summer
    on

Thanks Izzy and Timmy for your reassurance. Just what I needed. (Have just refilled my 750ml water bottle!)

• posted by Summer
    on

Update: took my measurements today and half to one inch loss on each. Hurray!

Please log in or register to post a reply.