800BSD & diverticulitis

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by xena
    on

Hi, I am going to start my journey on 800 BSD tomorrow. Due to suffering from diverticulitis I am not able to eat nuts & seeds. Just wanting to know if I can grind them? Or what I could substitute these for? Or if I can just leave them out without effecting the fat or calories of the recipes? Thanks.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Sorry to hear about your prob Xena, my wife has it too and had to give up on the BSD in April but had already lost 8kg. Since contracting a bug and then having 6 weeks of gut problems as a result she got a CT scan and then the diagnosis. She has improved somewhat but is in pain after every meal. She is no longer overweight and is able to eat most things. There is some debate about nuts and seeds but you may know what causes your own problems? Jenny does not like nuts and they are so calorific they cannot easily be included regularly anyway. As for seeds she still eats strawberries and raspberries without major problems. Hope you find a decent compromise, I would expect peanut butter and ground almonds to sneak in easily? Cooked fruit can be strained of course, good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.