800 or 1200

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jmcewan
    on

Hi,

Looking for some advice.

I am on my second attempt of the Fast 800. First attempt failed miserably.

I have tried easing myself into it with 1200 calories, fasting window of 16:8 and the following division of macros:

Protein: 132g
    Carbs : 39g
    Fats :57g

I really struggled with the 800 calories. No history of of type 2 DM or pre type 2. Simply doing the diet to lose weight. Do I need to adjust the macros? Getting myself confused as now overthinking it

Jen

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Hi Jen,
    To make sure you are in ketosis you could try to have a max of 20gr carbs, although some people get in ketosis with 50g of carbs daily.

I think your proteins are too high. Too much proteins would act as carb so try and limit them to 0.8gr per target weight.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I agree with Louise, Jen. The BSD is a low carb, MODERATE protein, high (healthy) fat eating plan. The formula we
    use for determining protein requirements is .6 – .8 grams of protein for each kg. of IDEAL body weight. Excess protein
    gets stored as fat, much the way carbs do. Like you, I followed this lifestyle for 10 months, and my avg. daily protein
    was between 50-60 grams. It’s fats and fiber that keep you satiated, not protein. You may be insulin resistant like
    many of us, nd if that’s the case, you will have to pull your carbs down to <20g a day. Hope this helps 🙂

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Forgive me Jen! What I meant to say is that like you, I had no blood sugar issues, and I followed this plan purely
    for weight loss. It took me 10 months to get where I wanted to go, and I’ve been maintaining a loss of 140lbs for the
    past 26 months. Best of luck to you!

• posted by Jmcewan
    on

That makes so much more sense as I could not figure out how to reach such high levels of protein.

Reviewed numbers which looks like the following

Carbs 20g – 10% of cals
    Protein 52g – 26% Cals
    Fat 56.9g – 64% of Cals

Based on 800 Cals and target weight of 65kg (current is 83kg)

Kept reading the book and feel I now over complicate the whole number crunching aspect

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’ve got this, Jen! From my perspective, your macros look perfect! Some of us have trouble at first with all the
    water drinking, but it’s an essential part of all of this. As we lose fat from our fat cells, the space fills up with water
    until the cells finally collapse! When this happens, several lbs. can be lost overnight, and that is known as the
    “whoosh effect”. (Lots on the internet about it!) Have a google 🙂 Very best to you on your journey! If you have any
    questions or concerns, just shout out and one of us will come running. As Birdy always says, there are no silly
    questions. We do this together, when the rest of the world thinks we’re crazy!

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.