8 Week Final Results

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Arcanarose
    on

WEIGHT:
    START: 70.4 kilos [155 lbs]
    Week 1: 68.4 [150 lbs]
    Week 2: 67.3 [148 lbs]
    Week 3: 65.9 [145 lbs]
    Week 4: 64.1 [141 lbs]
    Week 5: 63.5 [139 lbs]
    Week 6: 62.7 [138 lbs]
    Week 7: 62.8 [138 lbs]
    Week 8: 62 [136 lbs]
    TOTAL LOSS: 8.4 Kilos [19 lbs] [12% loss]

BMI:
    START: 34.4%
    Week 1: 33.2
    Week 2: 32.9
    Week 3: 32.4
    Week 4: 31.7
    Week 5: 31
    Week 6: 30.7
    Week 7: 30.8
    Week 8: 30.5
    TOTAL LOSS: 3.9%

WAIST:
    START: 37 Inches
    Week 1: 35
    Week 2: 33.5
    Week 3: 33.7
    Week 4: 33.4
    Week 5: 33
    Week 6: 32.8
    Week 7: 32.8
    Week 8: 32.2
    TOTAL LOSS: 4.8 Inches [12cm]

WAKING BLOOD SUGAR: Prediabetic=100-125 mg/dL [5.6-6.9 mmol/L]
    START POINT: 90-107 mg/dL [4.9-5.9 mmol/L] Prediabetic Range
    Week 1: 86-103 mg/dL [4.8-5.7 mmol/L] Prediabetic Range
    Week 2: 87-103 mg/dL [4.8-5.7 mmol/L] Prediabetic Range
    Week 3: 82-90 mg/dL [4.5-4.9 mmol/L] Normal Range
    Week 4: 71-90 mg/dL [3.9-4.9 mmol/L] Normal Range
    Week 5: 79-88 mg/dL [4.3-4.8 mmol/L] Normal Range
    Week 6: 71-84 mg/dL [3.9-4.6 mmol/L] Normal Range
    Week 7: 77-86 mg/dL [4.2-4.7 mmol/L] Normal Range
    Week 8: 82-91 mg/dL [4.5-5.0 mmol/L] Normal Range

My blood sugars are a success as I was in the normal range since week 3. I am waiting for some blood test results.

It was even better news when I weighed myself at the Doctors as I actually weigh 61 Kilos. My scales BMI calculation is a bit off so I calculated my BMI on the NHS BMI calculator.

NHS BMI calculator:
    My Actual Weight: 61 Kilos [134 lbs]
    My Actual BMI: 25.4

NHS Healthy ideal minimum weight: 60.3 kilos [133 lbs] minimum
    NHS Healthy ideal minimum BMI: 25 minimum

I am still in the overweight category by 700g [1.5 lbs] and 0.4% BMI
    My new target is
    Healthy weight: 58 kilos [128 lbs]
    Healthy BMI: 24.1 minimum

I want to be a couple of kilos below the healthy weight minimum line for fluctuations.

After a one week diet holiday I will start the 5:2 diet with a low-carb lifestyle to lose the rest of the weight. Then I will move on to a 6:1 maintenance low-carb lifestyle.

Here is a Before and after photo:
    http://www.pinkmousemedia.com/images/b4_after.png

I had to buy new trousers one size smaller as my normal trousers kept falling down and were very baggy. I am wearing my new size 10 trousers in the after photo ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ARCANAROSE you look gorgeous..the epitome of glam!
    Well done on yr 8 week success! XX i like your future plan ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by Boligreen
    on

Wow congrats! Hard effort what was the hardest thing?

• posted by Snoop
    on

Congratulations. Brilliant before and after photos. You must be really pleased about the blood sugar figures. Bet your doctor was impressed too.

• posted by Arcanarose
    on

Thanks Yowzer49.

Boligreen, the hardest part was hitting a weight-loss plateaux in week six. Because it was near the end, after all the sacrifice, effort, exercise [which I hate] the will reserves were running on low and the key motivation was watching weight drop nearly every day. Then it wouldn’t drop suddenly. Because I was so close to my healthy BMI I didn’t agree with my body deciding I didn’t need to lose more weight. However I persevered, I changed some of my food so I could last by swapping out some healthy veggies with Quorn sausages with the same carb content ๐Ÿ™‚ I added a few very weak coffees.

Week 8 dragged but some weight did drop so midway I was motivated again. I had developed a very jelly soft belly and had a ‘woosh’ effect with a half kilo weight loss in one day too as well as losing weight nearly everyday.

I found the diet pretty easy except the last 2 weeks.

Snoop. The blood tests I took were given to me in 2015 for testing after being put on Metformin. I had a very bad reaction to the Metformin, my intestines felt like they were burning. So I didn’t go back in case the Doctor gave me more drugs but I kept the blood test forms. So my Doctor is definitely in for a surprise when I pop in with the blood test results she forgot she wrote me way back in 2015 ๐Ÿ™‚

I tried to diet to lose weight on my own but I could never drop from my start weight of 70.4 kilos even on the 5:2 diet. Luckily I found Dr Moseley’s Blood Sugar Diet book. Now I know it was the carbs and sugar.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ARCANA i too had those dreaded plateau days mid 8 week! So hard to keep going but so glad that you mananged it …worth it for the results eh!
    I am now finishing week ten..week two of round two…i still have a substantial amount to lose…harder in round two as no more sensational weight losses like in the early days! But easier coz am in the swing of it and more used to it xx

• posted by Arcanarose
    on

Yowzer49, That is why I opted for the 5:2 now. I will probably lose the same weight in the least time with less effort. Bravo for having the motivation, strength and willpower to go two rounds!

• posted by Cody
    on

Have just started the 800 diet so your comment after 8 weeks is inspiring

Please log in or register to post a reply.