8-week diary starts NOW!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Supersteph36
    on

Hi all,
    I am not that new here, but this is me starting this diet properly this time!
    I did start doing it before but I just did it mon-fri and found it so hard to get back to it in Monday’s. So i am doing it 24/7 starting today.
    I weigh 14st 5lbs and am 5ft 6ins which gives me a bmi of 32.4 (obese) and I am seriously addicted to sugar. I answered yes to nearly all of the quiz questions, so I guess I must be! I have 3st 4lbs to lose to get to a healthy bmi, and I am determined this time. I start a new job as a Postie in the next 6/7 weeks and I’d love to not have to lug all of this weight around when I start!

• posted by Frog
    on

lots of luck with it supersteph – and the new job
    You’ll be able to weigh the post sacks and relate those to the weight you need to lose – or have already lost if you don’t start for a few weeks. Sounds as if you’ll get plenty of exercise in your new role though – lots better than sitting at a desk.

• posted by Supersteph36
    on

Thanks Frog! I appreciate the support ☺️

• posted by MREY
    on

Starting today with shopping list plan. Looking forward to doing this with a diet buddy for the first time ever – my husband! He’s not happy about the loss of red wine and beer but he’ll get used to it… watch this space.

• posted by Frog
    on

Welcome Mrey
    Include lots of full fat dairy – I’ve been amazed at how good proper cottage cheese is, and so versatile!
    Make the most of seasonal veg – there’s lots of rhubarb about at the moment, and I had some great asparagus the other day.
    If you haven’t tried spiralised veg yet, many of the supermarkets sell courgetti now – give it a try, and get a spiraliser if you like it.
    Have fun, and hope BSD goes well for you both

• posted by MREY
    on

Thanks for the welcome and the tips Frog. I have something similar to a spiralizer from Germany but will pick up a more up-to-date one later on today. They’re popular in France. Not sure you’d find anything like courgetti available in the ordinary supermarkets here though but I usually shred or strip mine – other half won’t eat them if not, other than as a soup.

• posted by ColandClaire
    on

Hi MREY,
    Just to let you know that I spotted some ready spiralized veg in my local Tescos Extra, check them out, certainly saves time when cooking!!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.