8 week BSD – by accident?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MandaK
    on

I have just read the 8-week blood sugar diet and it’s been a revelation – but I might have already been on it quite by accident! I was told last February my blood glucose levels were higher than should be, as was my cholesterol although not by much – which I put down to the stress of divorce, house selling etc. Knowing I was also overweight at 11st 6lb, I started on the 5:2 diet. Unfortunately a few nasty falls left me unable to walk more than 100 yards and I needed a new knee 🙁 I kept up the 5:2 as I didn’t want to put more weight and my weight remained stable. Then in September I had the TRK surgery and after a shot of morphine (standard stuff) I started throwing up. It took weeks for my stomach to settle and in that time I ate very little of anything. After 6 weeks recuperation at my daughter’s I returned to my own home whereupon I immediately went down with a gastro-intestinal virus that hung around for most of the next 2 weeks. Oh joy! By this time my weight had gone down to 10st 6lb – which I have to admit I was pleased about, but expected to put it back on fairly quickly, however I returned to the 5:2. I see my doc at the end of this month for a review of my BS levels and hope they’ve come down, along with my cholesterol. I then intend to do the 8 weeks again, this time with my daughter. I’ve found that since my “accidental” 8-week BSD, my appetite is far less, and I hate that full feeling, so hope another go at it will not be particularly arduous. Being able to walk and exercise again has made a huge difference – I am now down to 10st 1lb, so here’s to dropping another few unwanted pounds around the tum!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi MandaK
    Sounds like you’ve had quite a year and a fair few low points to contend with. Big congrats on your weight loss. This time around it will be a positive experience where you call the shots. Go on – give it some!

• posted by MandaK
    on

Thanks Janet 🙂 The dratted waistline is still several inches too big, so looking forward to doing it properly and with “malice aforethought!” Mind you, doesn’t it cost a fortune! I know it needn’t – but then there’s all those tempting recipes involving crabmeat and coconut flour muffins – how can I resist? When I start working out my own I’ll post them. Cheers, and thanks again for your encouragement – much appreciated.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Very true! I find its the gadgets that hit my budget the hardest but I buy a lot of stuff off of amazon so its easier to compare prices. I’m quite a fussy eater so the more exotic products tend to pass me by!

Please log in or register to post a reply.