8 days in and have lost 7lb! Yipee….!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by josephsmum
    on

This is actually working! I started the 800 plan last Thursday and have found to my surprise that I have not wanted to kill everyone I meet or rush home to eat the carpet!

I am splitting my 800 calories over 3 meals, and depending on how hungry I feel, I will adjust the amount of food I eat at each meal. I do find that the more meat or eggs I eat at one meal the less hungry I am for the next meal. I know it’s all about protein being more satiating than carbohydrates, and I am happy with that.

I have mainly been eating eggs in the morning (more like brunch time) or full-fat Greek yoghurt with frozen berries, and then a nice big bowl of home made soup in the afternoon or a large salad with some meat, then a main meal in the evening will keep me full all night quite happily.

Today was a good test for me. I volunteer on Fridays for a local charity, and one of the other volunteers brought in a home-made lemon drizzle cake – my absolute favourite cake (or it was – before the diet) and I wasn’t even tempted to take a slice when offered!

There is a long way for me to go yet, so I am hoping my resolve continues for the next 7 weeks – but so far, so good!

• posted by Frog
    on

Congratulations Josephsmum – on the weight loss and resisting the cake!

I think the being full is related to the fat content – hence the full fat yogurt rather than the no fat variety.
    I’ve had cottage cheese this week – I think I’ve previously only had low or no fat versions when on other diets, and thought it vile, but encouraged by other posters on here I tried some full fat, and its really delicious and incredibly versatile – it doesn’t add the tang that yoghurt does when you add it to things.

well done on the ‘not wanting to kill everyone’ too – I’ve generally been fine, and in a really good mood, but I realised this afternoon that I was feeling really grouchy – I decided I’d not slept much last night, and went to bed for a couple of hours, before I sent any more grouchy emails!

• posted by josephsmum
    on

Thanks Frog 🙂

When I was doing low carb a couple of years ago, I made lasagne using full fat cottage cheese mixed with a beaten egg as a substitute for the pasta sheets. Worked really well! The egg set and it formed a nice cheesy layer between the mince and tomato mixture.

It is really hard for me to find full fat cottage cheese – my local supermarkets rarely have it. Glad you like it 🙂

• posted by Frog
    on

I just had some for supper with asparagus and smoked salmon – delicious

the lasagne sounds interesting – I’ll try that the next time I cook some mince – I normally cook a big batch with tomato and onion, so that will be something different to do with it.

It was quite nice going to a large supermarket for a change – I have several mini-supermarkets very close by, but it’s nice to have wider choice.

Please log in or register to post a reply.