7lb weight loss after Week 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fi
    on

Very pleased to report that I have lost 7lbs in Week 1 (and I went out on Saturday morning for a cooked breakfast – they gave me an extra rasher of bacon when I said I didn’t want the toast)! BS down from 9.2 to 5.7 (although I admit I didn’t have much for tea yesterday after my big lunch – pork loan chop with mushrooms and a dollop of sour cream with loads of veg – I was stuffed!). All geared up for Week 2 now and enjoying it so far – not hungry and no cravings! Do 20 mins on my exercise bike every day so that helps.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hey Fi, that’s an awesome drop in your blood sugar levels!! What a great first week you’ve had, bet it’s really inspired you to get such good results.

• posted by Fi
    on

Yes, I need to do this – my mum is T2 and she was diagnosed in her 60s (I was early 50s) and seeing her journey, with more and more tablets being prescribed, and having a stroke at the beginning of last year and a heart attack just before Christmas, makes me think that could be me but at a much earlier age if I don’t do something about this now!

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi all, This is my first post on here, I have completed week one and have lost 8.5lb, feeling really good and looking forward to week two. I must say all the advice and encouragement on here has really motivated me. I have only felt hungry once but that was after exercising for 45 minutes. Haven’t had any other problems with doing the 800 Cal diet. My starting weight was 20 stone so still have a long way to go! Good luck to everyone this week.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Well done Fi and Sharon
    Isn’t it great when something you read about starts happening for you.
    Just another 2 success stories to add to the growing library.

• posted by Sharon
    on

Thanks Bill,
    Yes big well done to you Fi on your first week loss. Yes it is Bill, I am 55 and Pre diabetic I have tried all sorts of diets but I really think I can do this one and stick to it. I like you Fi, know I have to do this now before it gets worse and I need medication. All the best for next week everyone, can’t wait to see my next week weight loss.

• posted by Lolo
    on

Fantastic results everyone! My week one was last week too & I lost 7lbs. Am really pleased – it’s great to see something working so quickly. Even more fab for those with blood sugar reductions too 🙂 x

• posted by wonderwoman
    on

Today is the first day of week 2 for me with a reasonable start of 6lb weight loss in week 1. I’m not diabetic or pre-diabetic but I have such a sweet tooth that anything which reduces my sugar intake is a good thing. I followed the rules quite carefully except for Friday night when I had to go out for dinner (and also drank alcohol) so I got straight back on the plan the following morning. I feel quite lucky to have lost that weight after my ‘night off’. The food is tasty and I still have beetroot falafel and vegetable curry in the freezer for this week which will save time and effort. As a fan of real food I’m enjoying it and haven’t struggled with the low calorie count as much as I thought I would. Peppermint tea is a great way of consuming the water required.

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

17lb down after two weeks. Only another 35lb’s to go. Feeling really chuffed. Enjoying the diet, lovely meals. No hunger between.
    Clothes fitting better.
    Well done to everyone. Onward and downwards.

Please log in or register to post a reply.