5 days in and amazed!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Looby80
    on

I’ve been peeking in at the forum for a few days and thought it was about time to get involved! I’m newly diagnosed as having impaired glucose tolerance after having gestational diabetes for the second time. Baby was born in Dec and finally got the courage to have the GTT in April. It was the news I was expecting and I think it has given me the kick I needed. So I ordered the book, read it with real interest as I have been convinced that 20 years of on off slimming groups have actually helped me gain weight.
    I really hoped it would work and am so pleased to say it has. 5 days in I’m 11lbs lighter!! (started with at BMI of 36). And excitingly of all not one carb has touched my lips. I am in shock. I am (was) the carb queen, I only ate carbs (quite often in chocolate form!). I constantly thought about food, grazed all day regularly opening the cupboard and fridge for something to grab. I really expected to find this hard and give up within 2 days (as I did with Atkins) but I have found a new love of food! Mostly so far it’s been meat, fish and salads with omlettes or fruit and plain yoghurt for breakfast, with 4 kids I can’t cope with too much!! Would like to add in the odd recipe over the next week or so, would really like a curry recipe as I know that’s something hubby would like too. Hubby is being supportive doing it with me so we can keep the carbs in the house to a minimum just for the kids. He wants to lose a few lbs and is following the 5:2 version, just having 800 cals at the weekends with me. I am more excited about this diet than I have ever been before and can finally see that food doesn’t have to rule my life and I’m hoping I can use this forum for the bad days too to just help get me through, so I’m sure you’ll hear more from me! xx

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Looby80

Well done you! Your lovely story echoes so many of ours. It is a liberating experience isn’t it?
    I have been using the Hairy Bikers low fat Chicken Korma recipe for years, (try Google) it is great, full of authentic flavour. Rice now gone gone gone but no worries a little quinoa or cauliflower rice is as good.
    N

• posted by Looby80
    on

Thank you Nettle, I’ll look that one up and giving it a try. I’m actually looking forward to a bit of cooking, my skills are very limited! And I like cauliflower so can’t wait to try that one out. 8 days in and I’m still so excited, just really hope it lasts! x

Please log in or register to post a reply.