4th time!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Midnight Pumpkin
    on

Well ive started this diet 3 times before and lost around 11 pounds in 3 days each time and then crashed off it, each time.
    Now its been nearly a year since my last attempt and honestly i feel like the last year has just been an utter disaster to me. But now the last few weeks the feeling is creeping up on me that I have to do something. Im heavier than ever now and its taking its toll, im in the 400 pound range. Not good i know. I just need to do this now and stick at it.

How do you cope IF you crash off the diet, do you have any coping strategy? I seem to just lose the diet completely for weeks or months at a time. I feel more focussed now than before though. I suffer from PTSD and depression which hasnt helped but i also feel like these are no excuse for this.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Midnight Pumpkin – welcome to the forum, hope we will be hearing lots more from you. The secret to coping when things go wrong, is to immediately forgive yourself for being human and straying from the programme – it’s a waste of time and energy and is counter productive to beat yourself up, filling your head with negativity, which will probably end up with you giving yourself permission to just keep right on eating stuff you shouldn’t. Second thing, is to know that the BSD way of eating is very forgiving and if you get straight back to it, any slip or blip will hardly show on the scales, providing you get back to it asap.

Finally, come to the forum and vent, rant and rage and the lovely folks on here will give you encouragement, support and to give you a boost, advice and virtual hugs. You CAN do this, as long as you apply yourself to the principles and try to keep a positive frame of mind.

Hope it goes better for you this time round – best of luck to you and please keep us posted on your progress.

on

Thank you SunnyB yes i think i will try and use this forum productively, i think i have had the wrong mindset before as seeing it as a place to just try to log successes but leave out the bad days and that shouldnt be the case or else there is no point I suppose. I Will try and keep active this time on the forum here and go for it. I know it can be done and I always tell myself to just do it but i think having somewhere to talk will help with staying on track, thanks 🙂

• posted by daisychain
    on

Hi Midnight Pumpkin,

Like you I had multiple attempts at full-time BSD but I never got past 2 weeks, something would always crop up. Now I’m doing 3 fast days a week of 800 calories on Mon, Tue and Thursday. I’m finding it so much easier and consistent and don’t need to give myself a hard time any more. Progress is much slower of course and I’m happy if see a loss of 1lb every week.

Good luck if you go for full BSD, there are so many great successes on here, but if you do struggle again maybe 5:2 or 4:3 could be an option or a gentle way to ease yourself into it.

Daisychain

on

Daisychain thankyou, another great suggestion, yes if i really lose it i will do this and then get back on it. I think this is really what i need its ways to cope and get back on again. Im good when im on it and seem to find it easy then suddenly its like going off a cliff and i lose it completely. I will try this if it gets that bad again, thank you!

Please log in or register to post a reply.