4 weeks in and lost a stone!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FitatFifty
    on

Hi,
    I’m 4 weeks in and lost a stone and feel much fitter.
    I’ve managed to start exercising so think that helps but still have 6 stone to go. I’m finding it easier now I’ve got used to it.
    I wondered if anyone knows if you can eat red lentil pasta .

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Well done, FitatFifty,that’s a great loss for 4 weeks!

I googled nutritional content of red lentil pasta and came up with an organic version of penne made with only red lentils and water.

So yes, in theory, you could eat within BSD which allows lentils (and water!!!)

However if you are trying to restrict your carbs, be careful with portion size as Mr Google says for each 100g the carb content is 56g, with protein 27g.

I appreciate you’re not likely to be eating as much as 100 g of it, but even at – say – 30g of pasta you will be having 17g of carbs.

You might be better with spiralized veg? 🙂

• posted by FitatFifty
    on

Thank you , I think I’ll stick to spiralized veg for now then , I’ve only lost the weight over the last 2 weeks as I found if I ate too many carbs the weight piled back on .
    I’ve been strict with carbs for a couple of weeks but exceeded 800 calls most days it was more like 1000.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I think you’ve done really well at a stone lost – you are right, if you can manage to keep the carbs relatively low, the slight excess of calories probably doesn’t matter too much.

Good luck! 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.