3 weeks in ….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by amanda93
    on

Hi I started the BSD 3 weeks ago, lost 12lb, 3lb and 2lb respectively.
    I’m concerned my loss is slowing. I’m following the 800cal a day, picking recipes from the book. I have a milky coffee or 2 rather than breakfast, as I work from 7am then have lunch at 12 and dinner about 5pm, then some Greek yogurt and berries with s few almonds after dinner about 8, so I’m doing a 16/8 fast. Taking over 10,000 steps a day. Drinking 2 litres of water. When I’ve read some posts it seems people are monitoring their carbs rather than just following the recipes? Could it be that the veg sides I’m having are contributing to my slow weight loss? I usually have a side of green veg, steamed. Any ideas would be appreciated?
    Thank you
    Amanda

• posted by JGwen
    on

When you first start this way of eating you will have rapid weight loss, but its not rapid fat loss. its just water.
    You body has to store water to help it process carbs. When you cut down on the carbs the body releases that stored water,.

Eeach lb of fat = 3500 calories. -Many of us having been on diets off and on all our lives will have caused our bodies to have low metabolic rates maybe for a woman as low as 1400 to 1500 calories a day. So a reasonable rate of fat discard would be 1 lb of fat a week.

Part of the reason many of us count carbs is that there are multiple benefits of having low insulin levels. – Not only can your body access your fat stores, but also high insulin levels blocks other hormone systems from working normally, including the system that maintains healthy bone and muscle levels. – Obviously strong bones weigh more than frail ones, so you may be experiencing inch loss but not weight changes.

Finally, I would suggest having a look at the milky drinks in a morning. – Fasting isn’t about not eating, its about being in ketosis (fat burning mode) which occurs when insulin levels are low. Milky drinks will be high enough in carbs so that you are spiking insulin so not actually fasting as long as you think you are.

Please log in or register to post a reply.