2022 MEANINGFUL MARCH !! ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEGINNING MARCH 8th 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone . I hope you are managing to stay focused in these very unsettling times . I have decided to do my best to concentrate on being positive , i.e what I have achieved rather than any “failures” My week went like this : I did not manage ADF the whole week but I DID manage 2x 36 hour fasts so that’s a good thing !!!

It’s not easy to be upbeat and motivated all the time and the temptation to give in to comforts of any sorts is very real .I am finding it more of an issue right now but I am hanging on in there .
    Is anyone else finding things a bit of a struggle too ?

However you are feeling I hope you can find time to share your experiences as we continue through March .
    Just do your best

Wendy, SunnyB and sunshine-girl

• posted by wendleg
    on

Here we are !

Wendleg
    SunnyB
    Sunshine-girl
    Florob85/Lauren
    Antigone
    RubyG
    Onestep
    Tulip1/Clare
    Verano
    Elle-Mae
    Russianroulade
    Californiagirl/Julia
    Stevoka/Kerry
    Windyjulz
    JGwen
    Quetzal
    Catenelson
    Riccoh
    Sixturkeys
    Greenbean
    Merrymelba
    Prittimistri
    LauraY
    LittleDrummerGirl
    Natalie( without an H :-))
    Bravef800er
    Chocolat
    AnnieW
    AnnaBnanna
    Mokovex
    OlivesAndTomatoes

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m with you Wendy, it isn’t easy maintaining focus at present and once again, as far as weight discard is concerned, it’s been another mah😧 week for me. Think the best I can say is that things have remained pretty much static. Conscious that part of the problem is lack of exercise, which is a constant ‘bete noire’, but although I’m fairly sure my carbs are under control, but not so much the cals, which isn’t helping either.

So my aim for this week is to increase exercise, extend fasts and tidy up my menu with a view to pulling down cals. 🤞🏻I’ll be able to report something really positive next week.

Regardless of how the last week has panned out for you, hope you will be joining us for the coming week and share your progress, worries and successes.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi my friends, I too am still here with you all. Right now I am very determined to get down to a certain weight and, Wendy will tell you, when I set my mind to something I will achieve it. Okay, that was a bit of a pep talk for me but seriously I have done well over the weekend and will declare my losses when I get weighed in the morning.

I am feeling the blues along with others and terribly upset by situations beyond our control which is why we have to be good to ourselves and concentrate on the things we can control. See you all tomorrow.

• posted by florob85
    on

Evening all, likewise I am feeling the blues, also had some bad news last week which is playing on my mind, but still in it to win it and plodding along as best I can

Love to all xx

Lauren x

• posted by OlivesAndTomatoes
    on

I hope everyone stays positive during all of these current events. Florob – keep your chin up. You are worthy of happiness no matter what life throws at you and I know you can work through whatever is going on.

I was actually really good this week diet wise but my exercise fell off. I think I can get it going again this week.

Hw: 189
    Gw: 154
    Last week: 173.4
    Current: 171!

I am hoping to see 169 (heehee) next week! Man that 6 will feel glorious. My weigh in for work is early next week so I’m very motivated to stay the course!

• posted by Verano
    on

Once again thank you for setting up another weekly thread.
    Another one here jumping on the ‘blues’ bus. I’m sure it’s just the time of year and the current situation, especially after two years of uncertainty….. BUT …. we can lift ourselves up if we try really hard …. just 19 days before the clocks ‘spring forward’! I feel brighter just thinking about the longer days.
    So, to last week. Plodding along here with a smidgeon under a pound loss which is much the same as last week, and the week before. I have the tools, I know what I need to do to increase my losses so just need to DO it!
    Have a good week everyone and let’s hope we all feel a bit brighter by next Tuesday.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hi everyone and thanks Wendy for the new thread!
    Well yesterday was day 1 and it was a good one! Food on plan, plus working horses and went for a small walk (and to feed neighbours cats and pet sheep!) Energy returning after covid and feel like walking is fine again and I might even manage to run by the end of the week. First day back in the office too! So the challenge is to push through the first 4 days as thats always the challenge adn where I seem to stumble. Stood on the scales today (made hubby write it down so i dont need to look) but will give me a focus to stay on track, weigh on Friday and then again next tuesday…… here’s hoping i can stay on board! I’m going to embrace your determination sunshine-girl….

Nice results OlivesandTomatoes!! Best of luck with the 169 😉

Thinking of everyone struggling, life is tough isnt it, especially when sad, or feeling helpless but absolutely we are worthy of looking after ourselves and pursuing happiness.

Have a good day

• posted by RubyG
    on

Thank you Wendy for the new thread.
    Lauren, hang in there.
    S-G – I have every confidence your weight will be where you want it to be when you see your Dr (was he the dishy Dr?)
    I have not weighed this morning, I don’t need the disapproval – once again I can’t dial my head in to where I want it to be re. food – I am not eating carbs but I am eating too much and yesterday indulged in a bit of mindless early evening snacking on cheese and nuts (I know………..).
    Today is a new day, a new BSD week and I just need to keep on keeping on.

on

Hi all, yes Ruby he is the dishy doctor, although he is 16 years older than he was when he was really dishy 🙂

My weight is now 73.1kg. Just half a kilo from my lowest weight ever on this plan. I have actually lost 1kg this week. Still sticking with it as I want to see a 72 by the end of the week so I know exactly what you mean Olivesandtoms. I keep swapping between kilos and pounds but today I am 161 so cant wait to see a 5 (159). We do get hung up on numbers but rather than seeing them as something to be upset about try to see them as goals to smash threough.

Like the comment about the clocks going forward in a couple of weeks, something to look forward to. It was in the positives thread and I cant remember who from (Ruby)

Florab hope you are okay and thinking of you.

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

S-G hope 16 yrs makes him distinguished now 😂.
    florob85 hope you start feeling brighter soon.
    I have been on 5:2 and maintaining but it has crept up by around a lb ish, so going to be stricter this week. I hadn’t walked as much last week due to the weather so just went even though the rain had just started. Will have to see how it goes, weather watching to try to time it better.
    One small problem Fiance bought Caburys hot cross bun bars of chocolate, I didn’t have any yesterday one of my 800 cal day but will probably have a little bit today, just so I know how it tastes. I did try smelling it, but as my sense of smell comes and goes due to Covid it didn’t do the trick.

on

Elle-Mae, he is completely bald and has been since a teenager so I cant say he has that distinguished older man look. He is probably in his 40’s and looks like The Rock.

on

Sunshine-girl – yeah the scale for me is something to look forward to if I am doing a strict diet like this.

I do think it is important to be ok with it going up though. “I had a bad week and recognize the scale went up because I was stressed.” For me, it’s important to look at it either way so that I can ‘fess up,’ acknowledge myself, accept who I am today, and think about what I want for myself in the future too. No regrets, just acknowledgement and goals.

I gained 40lbs because my mom died and my bf of six years broke up with me in a 6 month period. I’m not mad at myself for gaining – I am actually cool with it. I acknowledge it and am emotionally ready to see myself succeed again.

Disclaimer – I support how anyone wants to use the scale whether that be regularly or not at all. No judgement here. I was just sharing my experience and what works for me.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like you, O&T, I’m a daily weigher as I find it helps me stay accountable, accepting fluctuations and using them to help me focus, regardless of which direction the reading has taken. Some people find the daily fluctuations tough to deal with though and if they are likely to knock off kilter by them, it’s better they don’t weigh in as often.
    There are other ways to gauge progress … taking measurements; how well garments are fitting; and indeed our fitness levels. All of these are valid markers for how things are going and indeed, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on the bigger picture and not focusing solely on one gauge of progress.

It’s really good that you are accepting of your situation O&T, beating ourselves up for gains and transgressions is a waste of energy and just breds negativity, making us feel worse. You’ve made great progress, so keep going and keep us posted.

Elle, glad your fiance is on the mend.
    SG, your doing brilliantly … I’m confident you’ll be where you want to be for your doc appointment.
    Ruby, hang in there. We all get those days when getting in the right headspace just doesn’t happen. Just try to make good choises for the next meal and take it from there.
    Julz, really pleased you are getting back to more normal activity again … don’t over do things though, be gentle with yourself.
    V, I’m kind of where you are … in need of pulling out the BSD tools to really make progress. Like you say, just need to keep on.
    Lauren, hope you are doing okay, take things gently.

Happy Women’s Day to you all … Hope it’s been a good day for everyone.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi all- just finished catching up on last week’s posts- Julz, glad you are feeling better 😍
    RubyG- sounds like a perfect day- I love gardening ☺
    I’m at least back on track for type of food eaten, and slowly reducing cals.
    Haven’t read this weeks posts yet…later.
    Love to all,
    Tulip xxxxx

on

Hi all, hope you are all doing fine. Big shock at the fuel pump today, increased price from €1.80 from Monday to €2.18 today. Thats an increase of €0.80 since Christmas. Doesnt sound too bad when put like that. Just have to accept it and stay home more 🙂 Not that we go very far.

Still at 73.1 kgs but as it is rock steady it is probably a solid loss and not going to go up again. Have blood tests tomorrow morning so have to fast from 7.30. Good job I have been practicing with my TRE. Then I have to get through the weekend unscathed before seeing doctor on Tuesday. Really, really want to be under 73 and have good blood results. Cholesterol was high last time as I stopped taking the statins and as I have familial high cholesterol it went up within 2 weeks. I am on new tablets so lets hope it is back down.

Stay strong and koko…

• posted by RubyG
    on

Now I don’t feel quite as violated at paying £189.9 for diesel last night!
    The situation right now for most people s really summed-up by your mantra – keep on keeping on.
    Hubby and I have had a slight loss this week, but more-or-less maintaining as we start heading back into offices and working days and travelling again.
    Next week will be a challenge for me – 5 long days in the office with too much food about and nothing that will be good for me, plus 3 dinners out.
    The plan is:
    – 16:8 TRE so black coffee only until lunchtime – I think I will find this easier to resist temptation, but to be honest the thought of pastries with my morning coffee just doesn’t do it for me anymore.
    – Bottle of water in the meeting room with me
    – My own packed lunch of good protein (chicken, fish or egg), with some form of salad/leafy greens/veggie bits, and maybe some full fat yoghurt (I have already asked the organiser to exclude me from the catering numbers)
    – Indian meal out 2 nights next week – Tandoori fish or prawns with a side salad is my usual go-to
    – pizza and beer night – if there really is nothing other than pizza then I have a choice to eat nothing/eat a little, and I’ll be driving so no beer
    More difficult will be the intensity of the meeting, the high stress levels and probably poor sleep – I have had a good talking to myself and we have agreed that caving to these external factors will undo months of best behaviour and make us feel ill!

Good luck with the bloods SG.
    I don’t know when your wedding is Lauren, but good luck there too.
    To everyone else struggling with loss, floods, covid, war and the remainder of the horsemen, my thoughts are with you!

on

What a shame RubyG. My €2.18 converts to £1.83 so you will have to go back to feeling violated. Been for blood tests and now sat at computer waiting for results. Will check back in later.

on

Back again. Whoop whoop – cholesterol down to 4.4, HbA1c 6.0. Happy girl. Now just got to lose 0.2kg before Tuesday.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Wow, those numbers are excellent!
    Have a good weekend, but not too good 🙂

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Wow S-G super figures 😁

on

Wow RubyG – good luck with the willpower. Sounds like you are doing all of the planning you can. Great work!

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Lauren, sorry to hear you have yet more challenges to face!! Big hug xx
    And everyone else feeling blue too, the world situation is dreadful!
    Some positives from me- I am well enough to start takeing more definite exercise now, but also have a huge backlog of life and work stuff to get through and everyone wants a bit of me!! Not enough hours in the day.
    SunnyB, I definitely have, and have always had, the opposite problem- I love exercise….it’s always the diet aspect I’ve found hard….but at least since discovering MM- (and like Verano said), I know what works, I just have to actually DO it!!!

Love to all,
    Tulip xxxxx

on

A quick update – I had a hard workout on Wednesday and woke up Thursday to 168.8. I expected to be back up because of water weight and sure enough yesterday was 169.6. Today, however, was back to 168.8 so I’m counting it.

This is relevant because my weigh in for work is on Tuesday and over the next few days I’ll be dropping a smidge of water weight just to make sure I make it (168 with clothes on.) I’m counting this morning as my real weight for Tuesday so…169 goal for the week achieved! I’ll check back in later next week after I balance back out.

(Side note: attaching a scale weight to employment is cruel particularly when it is based off a BMI model from the 1800s.)

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone.
    Sorry I haven’t been much use to you this week. I honestly don’t know where the week has gone. It has been filled with various medical appointments for hubby’s ongoing problems which are putting in doubt our trip to Paris. We have to review in a week’s time.

I have also been attending meetings with my friend as we continue to search for a solution for his son.
    So not the easiest of weeks but
    there are much worse things for sure.

Well done everyone for digging in and finding much needed motivation amongst all the cruddy stuff. I’m really trying hard not to get destabilised by it all.
    Wishing you a weekend full.of simple pleasures xx

on

Hi everyone, dont worry Wendy, you are doing great setting these threads up for us and keeping track of all our supporters.

Good luck with Tuesday OlivesandT. Sounds like you have got this.

I have just lost another 0.1kg so I have reached a very satisfying weight of exactly 73 kgs. Now just need to get through the rest of the weekend to get under that ‘3’ and have 72.something for Tuesday. I am relying on you lot to keep me on track, I just mustnt give in.

Another bit of good news is that (sorry RubyG) our fuel prices are going to seriously drop from Monday – something to do with the Saudis upping production to fill the current gap in supplies. I hope that happens for you all too in the UK or whereever you are. My memory of the UK is that prices go up and it is rare for them to come down again. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi
    Prompted by Yowzer who has just had a tv/screen break I just happened to get this in my inbox …..

Take a break from screens

Screens emit a lot of blue light, which can cause our eyes to become dry, tired and irritated. You don’t have to avoid screens altogether, but there are some simple ways to prevent eye strain. Try following the 20/20/20 rule (every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break, to focus on something 20 feet away) or track your daily usage with handy apps like ‘Moment.’
    The last thing we need are eye problems as well!

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Talking about eye problems, I had my diabetic eye screening last week and have been told that there is some macular degeneration. Since Wednesday I can see a floater, it is tiny just looks like I can see an tiny insect caught in my hair at the edge of my vision in my left eye which moves when I move my eye. I am going to phone my GP in the morning. Should I be worried?

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

No one need apologize for anything right now — just getting through each day with fortitude and humor is enough for all of us!
    Wendleg, I hope your husband continues better and your trip to Paris happens! Sunshine girl, such good KOKO!! Ellemae, “floaters” are very common — don’t worry but call GP. And Verano, thank you for bringing up the blue light issue — it is real and problematic. I am on my husband’s case about it every evening and half the day — turn off the computer and cell phone in the evening (remember reading a book?) blue light interferes with sleep!! Also, bad for eyes! And worst of all…. Bad for your skin! Blue light is “aging”. That info was all I needed to cut my screen time! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I enjoyed reading a book review today about Angela Thirkell (Rudyard Kiplings first cousin) who wrote cultural satire/literature in the early 1900’s and captured the zeitgeist of England at the time so she is used as a source for cultural historians.
    My daughter is a novelist, so I cut out the article to give to her (good gracious how old fashioned! I should have “forwarded” the article to her) but I thought she would love the references as she started out as an art historian, and a lot of the art/cultural world interacted (still do).
    Which made me think about our BSD world — we’ve been living in “interesting” times (well, unprecedented might be a better word since Covid started) and we should think of our experiences as unique and worth recording in some form — we are the edge of a vanishing world — both in health and in world culture.
    What a fascinating life we are leading..
    My trip up to Red Bluff for the walnut growers conference was amazing experience (albeit exhausting). Central Valley was in full bloom of almonds (here comes your almond milk). I was only one of 5 women at the conference — about 150 men — I called my (single) sister and told her to pencil in next years conference date!

on

Hi everyone, managed the weekend and still at 73kgs. Would have hoped for some more loss but I am tending to get to a weight and sticking there for 3 or 4 days before a drop. Still got time by tomorrow.

Califormiagirl, your trip to the walnut growers conference sounds familiar to me. A few years ago (4 or 5 I think) my daughter was invited out to California for the nut growers conference in her capacity of chief almond buyer for the company she works for. Her company was not a member but they had somehow heard about her and it was a private invite although she had to get permission from work. I can imagine the almond blossom is a sight to see. I will ask her if it was Red Bluff.

Elle-Mae it is possible you have some diabetic damage to your eyes but dont worry too much. Changing your diet and having good results can reverse any deterioration. We had someone on here who had full blown macular degeneration and, to the amazement of all her medical team, it was completely cured. Anyone remember who that was (Verano you were around at the time).

Well folks I am now just hanging in there for my appointment tomorrow. Dont want to do any damage this evening. We are having left over mince (sort of bolognaise) and I will do some cauliflower rice with mine. Fingers crossed.

on

Hi Elle, just found the posts referring to the eye problems. Just put macular etc (I wont type it or it will find this in the search). It goes back to 2016 and the people suffering were 54andfatnomore and KrysiaD. Both saw massive improvements with the fluid reducing as the diabetic numbers returned to normal. Hope that helps.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi s-g, well done on your great bloods and equally well done on 73 if it’s 72.9 tomorrow that will be an added bonus.
    Krysia, yes she had really bad eye roo Ken’s but the diet seemed to sort her out and her eyes seemed to recover completely. Don’t remember 54’s problem but think she might still be around.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Well, Day 1 of my 5-days intense workshop is almost over and I am starving!
    But, I have not succumbed to any off-plan eating, so that’s a positive.
    TRE 16:8 so black coffee before work and through the morning sessions, chicken salad and some Greek yoghurt for lunch, and 2litres of water so far. Homemade curry in the fridge to warm up tonight and cook some cauli rice.
    It feels like a victory so far, but I realise I have 4 more days of this, plus 3 evening meals to deal with.
    I will keep on keeping on.
    Good luck with the Dr S-G and yes, you’re correct in that if crude oil prices drop the UK forecourt fuel prices will not drop accordingly.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am going to set up the new thread, folks !

on

V, I mentioned 54 because it was her that was asking questions as she had some worrying tests and KrysiaD was replying so I put the 2 names together. Obviously 54 is still around and maybe she can let us know how things went for her but it was 2016 so maybe very much in the past. Looks like Elle is going to be fine.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g , great memory! At the moment I’m having trouble remembering last week!
    Anyway, while I’m here I’ll confess. I had a carb fest last week with hot crumpets with butter and cheese, several different flavoured chocolate bars and just general gay abandon. At one point I had gained 3.6lbs but it was obviously mainly water weight as this morning my gain for 6 days of ‘gay abandon’ is just 1.4lbs. I’m not all together sure that I enjoyed last week but I think sometimes it’s good to have a change. So, back to Day 1 again for me today.
    Have a good week.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

We are only human Verrano, sometimes we just need a blowout before we can start afresh x

• posted by florob85
    on

V I maintain that sometimes falling off the wagon helps to kick start things a bit! You can do it!

on

Not a good memory V, I just did a search for the words macula….. I wont type it in full or it will mislead future searches. Although I do remember you had trouble reaching your feet and I couldnt get my wedding ring back on. :):)

• posted by Verano
    on

Elle yes sometimes it’s good to just go with the flow,
    Lauren I think you could be right. I tend to eat two meals a day but when I throw in a breakfast I usually drop a few grams. Problem is I’m not usually hungry at breakfast and I don’t want to ‘force feed’ myself!
    S-g we certainly have been on a journey together over the years. I know you can get your ring on but I still can’t reach my feet! But that’s more to do with the fact that I’m like ‘tin-man’! My right leg is full of various metals from my ankle, up my tibia, around my femur like barbed wire ending in my hip with an experimental (14 years ago) metal tantalum! Ahh! At least I can still smile.
    Just popping over to the new thread to congratulate you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.