2022 MASTERING MAY ONE WEEK AT A TIME ! WEEK BEGINNING 24TH MAY 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi everyone, I promised Wendy I’d set up the thread this week – I am channelling Wendy!!

Welcome to this week’s session of Carbs Anonymous. My name is Lauren, and I am addicted to carbs. I have been low carb, for about ten minutes to be honest.

Sorry folks, my attempt at a little joke…..

Have to say I’ve been failing utterly recently, life is throwing a lot of curve balls at me, and I am rapidly turning into a curved ball myself! But I’m going to choose to be proud of myself for the fact that I’m still here and I’m still trying!

We welcomed back a couple of faces last week, OneStep and Julz (possibly some others I’ve missed) – you were missed and we’re pleased to have you all back on with us!

Sunshinegirl continues to hold us all in awe I think with her dedication and wonderfulness!!

Welcome back to all long timers, newcomers welcome, if you’ve been hanging around but not posting please say hello! We are friendly! If you want to come back, remember we’ll welcome you regardless how long your absence, and no judgement here if you’ve fallen off the wagon or anything else! You’re human, not a robot and life is hard!

I have no more inspiration to give for now folks but if I suddenly get a flash I will share it later!

Lauren (on behalf of the far superior wendleg, sunshinegirl and SunnyB)

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

HELP!!! I have been put up on a pedestal. There is only one way left – dooooown but I hope it is just my weight.

• posted by florob85
    on

All hail the almighty sunshine girl!

• posted by florob85
    on

All hail the almighty sunshine girl!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    I’ve just filled in my weight diary and we have exactly one week of Mastering May left. Well I’ve ‘muzzled’ along with May rather than mastering it but and hopefully by next week I’ll be back to May 1st weight!
    Roll on June!

• posted by RubyG
    on

You are an inspiration sunshine-girl!
    I have certainly not mastered May in any way, but I am still here.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

My name is Julz and I am addicted to carbs, i have been pretending to be low carb for 6 months…. but i have been kidding myself! Classically i will eat a low carb meal, then have a slice of cake!! I need to get a grip, stop faking it and get it under control. I stood on the scales…. it was not pretty….but it does indicate I am ready to take this seriously!! So im now 12 hours in….. and promise myself to make a full 7 days, literally going 1 day / mealtime at a time!!

Thank you for taking up the reins Lauren. I’m with you on the curve balls….. but we are here and we are fighting!!

How’s everyone else doing??

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Julz!

Pleased I’m not the only one!

I’m still off sick at the moment and really trying to at least meal plan so I can then shopping plan, but my brain is just not working! Damn ME brain fog!! This is the worst I’ve been in 15 years and it’s getting a tad frustrating to say the least, how I’m going to go back to work in a week is anyone’s guess.

Also discovered recently (I had my suspicions) that my new husband is actually a 90 year old man in a 37 years old’s clothing…..we are trying to find new furniture to buy with our wedding money (our existing stuff is a mishmash of old, older, broken and more broken second hand stuff) and we have discovered that whilst I like the smooth, clean lines of Scandi furniture, bordering on sort of space age minimalist, he likes rustic cottagecore, farmhouse style walnut dark medieval castle type stuff. Finding a middle ground is proving challenging (not helped by the fact we are both a tad stubborn and therefore not willing to compromise!)

Anyway, I shall keep on keeping on in the words of sg trying to get my brain to function to plan out some meals for this week. At the moment we have half a sad onion, half a very sad pepper (which even the guinea pigs have turned their noses up at) and some very sad kale, with no protein or anything even remotely meal like in the house, so I need to get organised really.

L

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh Lauren, its not easy. Small steps and small plans I think is all you should be trying to do. One day at a time. Trying to think of some handy stuff that will keep ok and is good to have for foggy moments….. tinned tuna? Tinned beans (asda’s mixed bean salad has not hidden nasties, other brands not as good) or even tinned green beans or something? Broccoli seems to keep forever….but stock up on frozen veg. Keep some cream cheese handy as it can be used to cheer up the other stuff….. mixed through broccoli or any other veggies. Bags of nuts…. im partial to a pecan…. can be added to yogurt or just as they come. oh yogurt….. maybe get wee pots so they last? Tins of chopped tomatoes…. easy and quick to make into a sauce…along with the cream cheese…. LOL.

Am i helping at all?? I’m all about the simple….. and not having to worry about recipes as such.

My dinner to night will be chicken which Costco has kindly roasted for me and some salad….. super easy and delicious!

on

Hi all, well I didnt fall off my pedestal over the last week, especially the weekend when a glass of rose in the sunshine was calling. I managed to shut it out and I am so pleased because I am back down to my lowest weight of this last couple of years – 72.5 or 11 st 5lbs. That is what I weighed before I went away for Easter and I did so little damage (around 3lbs on) so it shows how hard and how long it can take to get the weight back down. I set myself a goal of 7lbs in 6 weeks and I am now 4.25lbs down (how the heck do you type quarters) with 2.75 lbs to go in 2 weeks. I am not amazing but I do have a very strong will. My hubby says I am like a terrier with a sock, I wont let go. Fortunately, (or not) I have the added motivator of getting rid of insulin and becoming a diet controlled diabetic.

Hope things are getting better for you Lauren. I laughed at your hubby comments. My hubby is now 77 but was 45 when I met him. I fell for him because he is steady and reliable but I then have to accept he is a stick in the mud. I can hear him saying ‘that tartan would make a lovely throw for the setee’. My biggest problem is that he is magnolia man so our decorating is so bland. I won out with our bedroom which I painted lilac and white and after 17 years I still love it. On the subject of proteins, Julz just reminded me, I always buy a rotissier chicken from the supermarket. You have to be careful they are not treated with chemicals or coated with sugary sauces but it is so handy to have in the fridge and lasts me most of the week for snacks.

Julz, step away from the cake. We will have to develop a 12 steps action plan like AA only ours will only have 2 steps, dont put it in your mouth and if you do, dont swallow it :):):)

Keep on keeping on RubyG, I know you can do it. You are over a year on this and it can get tiresome and we have to live our lives. Things have been tough enough without being down on ourselves all the time.

Oh well, I am hoping for a successful week and hoping I can hold out with the treats until we go away. Trying to envisage that dress in my wardrobe fitting for the wedding so I will KOKO.

• posted by florob85
    on

See sg, pedestal well deserved!!

Julz you inspired me, rotisserie chicken and salad for tea it is!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh top marks SG! well resisted and great progress! Would be SO nice to see 11st 5 again!!
    I need to re-find my inner stubbornness….. i know if i can string a week together i wont want to ruin it….. so i need to make it though to the weekend then keep going! Hopefully having stood on scales i can keep doing that and it will also motivate me!

Your 2 step guide is spot on!! It really is that simple – here’s the rules – follow them – dont eat cr@ppy carbs!!
    I shall not eat cake again!!!! It was not worth it! I am longer fasting today to get back near ketosis and hopefully loose the cravings! Mindlessly stomping round the house seeking a food which will satisfy my itch is bringing me down! I know the itch cannot be cured!!

We just get a plain rotissier chicken and i dont eat the skin…..hopefully minimising anything added in, but i do worry with chicken as i would love to eat just high welfare birds, but cant always be sure!!

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All, checking in for another week….bit up and down with the food, but still here xxx

• posted by Natalie
    on

Good morning everyone. I’ve lost 2kg in the past 2 weeks which is great but I know it’s like a yo-yo of fat that keeps coming back! This time I want cut the string and get rid of it for good. My body does NOT need this many layers of fat to keep warm this winter. Onward and downward.

on

Well done Natalie. I sometimes worry about posting my successes as it can seem a bit holier than thou especially to those who are struggling. But the point of being on this site is to lose weight, get back to health, look better or feel better so no point in just posting our failings or when we need help. I have a friend who I always know is in trouble (family, work etc not her personally) because she stops contacting me. I soon get on to her and she says she doesnt like to bring other people down with her woes. What are friends for, we are all here to look after each other.

I had a blip upwards this morning but can put it down to 2 things, No pooh yesterday and hubby did his usual sausage and beans. The sausages are chicken and quite low in cals but the baked beans will be holding onto fluids for a day.

Looks like our heatwave is over and certain areas around us had a mad hailstone storm a couple of night ago. We were praying for it to rain, I even went outside and did a little dance, but to no effect. It seems to bypass us on all sides but thankfully we also missed the storm.

I am trying to find someone to come and cut our hedge. Our English gardeners have split up and individually are too busy. Been ringing round French recommendations so I will be speaking fluent jardinage soon. Have a good week.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Yes, well done Natalie, and please always post successes, we need more of those!
    As many others on here seem to be in the same position, I just cannot get my head in the game.
    I am in a difficult position in that my weight is lower than it was for many years, my clothes fit (some newer aspirational purchases maybe not quite………..) and to my knowledge my bloods are OK (they were OK pre-BSD so shouldn’t have got worse) and I have always had low BP, so there is no major consequence driving me to lose the weight I do actually want to lose.
    Not that I’m looking for drama, but I need to engage my head and find a new “why”.
    Like your friend, sunshine-girl, when I’m not in a good place I withdraw into my own world and don’t contact friends.
    We had thunderstorms here yesterday in the NE England, blue sky one minute and lashing down the next, today is similar but a bit more subdued.
    Have a good rest of the week everyone.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hey everyone

Not sure this will work, but I feel like you’ve all been on this journey with me the last few years, so here is the link to our wedding highlights video…..I’ve watched it three times now and am just weeping!!

https://whitebalanceweddings.com/highhouse/

Hope everyone is ok

Lauren x

on

Yes Lauren it did work and now we can all see how beautiful you are. My daughter is getting married in August and if she hadnt already had to send her vows to the registrar I would have stolen some of your words. Nearly had me in tears.

• posted by RubyG
    on

That was beautiful Lauren, definitely brought a tear to my eye too, thank you for sharing 🙂

• posted by florob85
    on

Thanks sg and ruby 😘

• posted by Verano
    on

Lauren WOW what a beautiful bride you were and what a lovely celebration of your wedding and commitment to each other. Just wishing you both only a happy, healthy and good life together.
    Furniture …. well! I have been married for coming up to 53 years …. am I really saying that! Anyway, furniture is the least of your worries! Maybe go very very slowly one piece of furniture at a time and you’ll end up with your ‘scandi’ look!
    Natalie thank you for posting you success. I can only agree wholeheartedly with s-g we are all here to improve our health, weight and self perception. Go for it Natalie! keep telling us about your successes because they spur us all along.
    I’m feeling really relaxed with my way of eating at the moment. Just eating good food and feeling well. Anything more, like weight loss, is just a bonus. Now health is the priority for me and whilst weight loss would be good that’s really mainly for vanity …. which is also important, but may just not be quite as important as it was many moons ago.
    Anyway, as sunshine-girl says …… we just have to ……. keep on keeping on ……..
    no matter what our motivation and goals.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Ooh, I forgot the furniture discussion 🙂
    I am maybe more like Craig than you Lauren, but there are some areas where I like clean Scandi too. I do like natural/durable materials though, so wood, leather, canvas/cotton, wrought iron, etc.
    We have a lot of second hand furniture from charity shops, but if we are looking for something I have a picture in my head which I cannot describe. All I do know is when I see it, I’ll know, and everything else gets a “no, not enough………. or too much ………… or too light/too dark – you get the Goldilocks process here? Hubby does get more than slightly annoyed, but I think he is learning to trust my instinct and my fatalistic approach that the right piece will show itself, we just have to be a little bit patient 🙂
    I am neither magnolia nor lilac, but we both agreed that the leopard print feature wall in the lounge here had to go – immediately!

• posted by florob85
    on

Ruby, you sound like me with the image in your head you can’t describe! I’ve just renovated our garden table and Craig didn’t understand my image at all but it looks amazing!!

• posted by florob85
    on

Oh and of course yes sunshine girl and Natalie and anyone else who wants to, please keep posting about your successes! You’re not boring or holier than thou, we love hearing about it

Thank you V x

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Bit late to the party. Well done Natalie, S-G you are our inspiration, Lauren your wedding video is gorgeous.
    I put 2lbs on with our eating for football and brunch last week, but have it gone now with one day of 800 cals and a 24 hr fast yesterday.
    On the furniture front I like minimalism (less clutter, less cleaning).

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh Lauren that’s so beautiful. Thank you for sharing!! What a wonderful location and very touching words. Well done you guys.
    Xxxx

on

Another success today with another quarter pound down. Been looking at an Iceland cruise for next year. We were booked on one pre-covid and had to cancel. I think it is pretty much the same cruise, Norway, Iceland and Belfast. I think this will be our last big splash out and it is to ‘celebrate’ my 70th and our 30th, so 2 big events. Point being I did applied for a quote for insurance. Did 2 quotes both declaring diabetes + BP and cholesterol. On one I put I used insulin and on the other I put I didnt. Both quotes came out exactly the same. At the time of taking out the insurance I will probably still be using (sound like an addict) and that is what you are declaring, not what you are hoping for in the future. On the subject of insulin I am now down to 11 units. I remember doctor said when I get to 8 I can stop. What with our week away in June I think I will stay with it.

All for now.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh fab sounding cruise S-G!! That will be very beautiful!! You are doing great with the weight and insulin – what an inspiration!!

I’m still here and still on plan 100%, 3 days in a row! Standing on the scales daily to try and keep me focused through the first week and I’ve seen a wee loss every day which is nice!! Feeling good for it, if a little obsessed. 🙂

• posted by Jess213
    on

Hi all, new comer here! I thought I’d share my first week experience!

Completed my first week and lost 7lb! Very happy with that.

The first 4 days were very, very tough. I thought the hunger would never go, and the headaches and irritable mood were pretty intense.

I read one of the older forum posts and realised I probably wasn’t eating enough fat and salt and I’d been sticking to 2 meals a day as I’m used to not eating breakfast.

BUT, day 5 I had Greek yogurt, strawberries and linseeds for breakfast (130 cals), microwave scrambled eggs, milk and lots of cheese for lunch (312 calories) (had to do it very fast as I came home for a meeting and we we’re having a smart meter fitted and the engineer was waiting to switch of the power so didn’t even grab any veg 🤦🏻‍♀️), and dinner was the red Thai curry from the recipe book slightly adapted to add chickpeas and more veg (280 calories). I fit in a walk picking up my little one from childcare too.

Day 5 I wasn’t hungry at all throughout the day. Not at all! I still can’t believe how my appetite has adjusted, I never thought it would happen. It’s been pretty stable since day 5, and I felt like the normal amount of hunger just before eating when not dieting.

I’m around 20-30g of carbs a day.

Just wanted to add my experience as I know it’s something people worry about going through this. I’m definitely in the camp of people who ALWAYS feels hungry not long after I’ve eaten even when I’ve overeaten, and this was even the case when I was under 10 stone, many years ago.

I had a test done at the chemist a couple of days after I started (couldn’t get an earlier one) and it was normal according to them (4.7 don’t even know what it really all means to be honest!) but even so, I’ve suspected for a few years, even when I was a healthier weight that I was affected by the impacts of low blood sugar, but didn’t know what it really meant or what to do to feel more normal until I read the Low Blood Sugar diet book.

Anyway, I hope my experience helps anyone struggling with getting started or in their first days. I know reading old posts definitely helped me pull myself through those first 4 days!

• posted by florob85
    on

Well done Julz! Keep going!

I’m still here in spirit, I wish I could say on plan but that would be lying, perhaps less not on plan than a week ago which I’m taking as a bonus!

Our new midway between scandi and medieval castle furniture arrives tomorrow so I’m going to use the fact I’ll be insanely busy cleaning etc. to try and start again. Also having my currently mid back length hair cut today to just below my chin, soooooo I’ll lose some weight guaranteed!

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Jess!

Welcome to our little band of travellers, you sound like you’ve done a great job of starting out this week.

I’m sure sunshine girl will offer some pearls of wisdom soon, she and SunnyB usually host the thread when wendleg is away, but I just wanted to say hi and welcome on wendleg’s behalf as I volunteered to host this week so I’m trying to channel Wendy!

Keep going though, sounds like you’ve done amazing, don’t be too disheartened if your loss slows quite dramatically next week, that’s normal, and it sounds like you’ve got past the keto flu and hunger issues and are now in the swing of things so just keep chipping away! Sounds like you’ve found looking through the forum helpful which is great! Feel free to ask any questions you have, nothing is silly to ask and I’m sure someone on here will have an answer for you, just remember none of us are “technically” medically trained! (I say technically because there are those of us on here who are medically trained but not necessarily in this field!)

I think the keto flu probably is one of the main reasons I just can’t get back on track, I don’t want to do it to myself! But I’m going to be brave tomorrow (she says) and just blinking get on with it. Pull your pants up girl, as my darling Nan used to say.

Pip pip

Lauren x

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Echo Lauren in saying welcome Jess and well done!! The first 5 days are definitely the hardest and you have got through that and over the hump – welcome to the view at the top of the hill, you got this now!!
    I’m restarting and at day 4 of my restart (did very well in 2020, maintained through 2021 and let it slip the past 6 months!) so i am going to grab your coat tails and follow you over the hump!!

Lauren – I am chuckling away at your furniture selection issues. Hilarious. I hope it looks fabulous and feels homely!! I totally feel for you, understand where your mind is at and wish there was a magic wand to help you with getting your pants pulled up….but you gotta find your own way with this and when you are ready you will…and we will be here to cheer and help you every step of the way. If you can fight those first 5 days you know you’ll feel fabulous, but the struggle is real!

xx

on

Hi all, a little blip up on the weight but well deserved as I bought a baguette yesterday. Went to get my roasted chicken from the hot counter and they only had some at €13.90 whereas I usually pay €6.50 for a small one, big enough for me for one lunch and a week of snacks. So I didnt know what to have. Gave in and bought the baguette – although I didnt have much but it will be holding fluid. Thats what happens when you dont have a back up plan.

Lauren, you are still with us so dont beat yourself up, always nice to hear from you.

Julz, 100% is great. keep going.

Welcome to Jess. You are doing very well and probably over the worst of the dreaded carb-flu. Looking at the 4.5 you tested as I would say that is near perfect. Honestly I dont know much about low blood sugar as a condition as all you have to do is eat something to bring it back up. We all (non diabetics) suffer at some point by not eating enough or doing something strenuous like exercise or heavy work. What I would say is that the advice is pretty much the same for diabetics – eat something. Although I am sure some people suffer from it as a more serious thing in their lives. Here is the problem. For years I was panicking and heading for the sweets or spoon of jam/honey etc and just messing with my diet until I found the BSD. Now I head for that poor chicken I couldnt (wouldnt) afford this week or some ham or cheese or even a few spoons of natural yoghurt and a couple of prunes. Dont see it as a reason to break your diet, it isnt necessary.

Looks like I might be going back in for a swim this weekend. My temperature gauge was misreading and the water is warmer that we thought. We bought a new one and it is showing 23 so nearly there.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Oh that cruise sounds kind of freezing. Probably magnificent though. I always wanted to go on a (warm) cruise, but after a 2 hour whale-watching thing a couple of years ago my (very green in the face) daughter and I vowed never to get on a boat again! I doubt I’ve ever thrown up so much in such an (endless-seeming) short time. I know a cruise on a huge ship is different but we’re not going to commit all that time and money just in case.
    I think medieval castle style furniture sounds great, I’m definitely on his side. I can’t quite imagine what your compromise looks like!

on

Hi all, we are back to the hot weather so hoping for a swim today. Natalie the cruise doesnt have to be cold. We were in Norway about 4 years ago and I think it was April. They had snow the day before we landed and all day we had 26 degrees so my fake fur coat stayed on the boat while we went to see a glacier. Norway is one of the most beautiful places I have been to. Big advantage to going somewhere cooler (not cold in June) is that most of the oldies want the heat and go on Med cruises. Also when people go past me swimming up and down and ask how it is I tell them it is freezing even though it is heated to around 28 degrees, more room for me. I just love the absolute luxury, the dressing up, the 5 star accommodation and meals. It is like being one of the super rich for a couple of weeks. I dont think I would enjoy whale watching in a small boat that bobs up and down. I would be sick.

Nothing exciting to report, weight still around the same and BG still down to around 90. However, it is my daughters birthday and I am going to share a bottle of rose with hubby this evening. For me this is a way of life not a diet so I have to live my life with moderation and allowances. Not had a drink for around 3 weeks so it will be a rare treat.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• posted by Onestep
    on

Hi everyone,

Great at usual to catch up with everyone’s news, thanks for the thread Lauren, your video is fabulous, what a gorgeous bride, venue and day, wishing you both all the health and happiness xx
    Can’t remember the last time I watched my wedding video, but have a photo up the stairs so lovely to have these reminders, especially when some guests are no longer with us.

All going ok here, had to bake cakes last week for cake sale and obviously had to try one but apart from a few tasters of cake all on plan. Normally I can avoid but if I really need I’ll just satisfy that itch with a small piece.
    But lost that blip already.
    Done some batch cooking for the next few days which keeps me on track and so nice to not have to think about cooking when getting in from work.

Anyway hive mind, let’s have some advice- I’ve been doing this woe for nearly a year and lost a good few stone however 2 problems
    A) I can’t get below 14 stone, no matter how hard I stick to plan (you should see my graph- I go up and down the same 5-7 lbs but NEVER below 14.1?? How!!!
    And b) and tmi but still I can’t get enough fibre without too high carbs, taking 2 psyllium tablets a day, rolled oats, berries and then beans and lots of veg with dinner, but still not super comfortable or regular, maybe I’m not having enough fat, definitely drinking enough water (I slosh when I move 😆) and walk everywhere, have tried poo softeners do nothing. What else can I try?
    Let’s here your ideas guys xx

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

One-step, I find 1 TSP chia seeds added to my breakfast works 🤞😁

• posted by Onestep
    on

Fab thanks Elle I will go and try that in this morning’s breakfast 😊

• posted by Original Murraymint
    on

Hi everyone,
    Fairly new to this forum so please bear with me!
    I’m just completing week 3 of Fast 800, or an approximation of it! I tend to need a couple of 1000 calorie days but, over all, I seem to be doing OK, 5.5kg so far. Still a long way to go. I’m also seeing other benefits apart from the weight loss: I’ve been sleeping so much better, apart from having to get up to pee!
    I feel good and the carb cravings haven’t been too bad, despite my partner munching biscuits next to me!! Feel very good that I’ve resisted temptations, apart from a single glass of wine when my partner took me to my favourite Italian restaurant on Friday. Even then I still came in at 1000 calories for the day.
    The only problem I’ve found has been feeling weak and feeble. The day before I started the diet I walked 6.25 miles and did a couple more shorter walks that first week. But week two I was light-headed and wobbly and had to restrict myself to gardening and very short walks. Today was my first slightly longer walk and I did feel pretty feeble up the hills but I made it so I’ll build on that to get back to fitness and speed up the weight loss.
    All good so far……😊

• posted by Onestep
    on

Hi Everyone

Murraymint, Welcome to the group, as you have probably read we are mixture of new, old and anything in between, there is a wealth of knowledge in the group which is fabulous but also here to help try to keep on track or ask questions, so please do!
    Sounds like you are doing really well, the other benefits are great I think that’s what makes me want to keep to it.
    Yes sounds like keto flu, it can be a pain but passes in a few days and you’ll have more energy than ever so worth pushing through but also upping your salt intake can help.

For me, not much difference but booked in for the dr, as think there maybe something else going on. So all fun and games but I guess at my age things start to go downhill, oh to be young again 😊
    Anyway new thread soon I’m sure, so let’s have a good week all xx

on

Hi everyone, not a very exciting weekend and did enjoy a few drinks. Weight is up slightly giving me 1kg to lose before I see the doctor next Tuesday.

Murraymint, the weakness will pass once your body starts to use fats for energy rather than the carbs. You are not diabetic (I think) so you dont have to worry about going low BG or feeling weak.

Onestep I think your body gets used to the weight it is and tries to stay the same. It is called homeostasis. To get past the 14st mark you might have to have a real run at this. Start counting and measuring your food as you would at the start, be sure you are not going over on the carbs, increase exercise a bit if you do some and do some if you dont usually. It is a bit of a going back to basics. You say you always stick to the plan but I spied some cake in there, you said you were still on plan but it will have upped your carbs and maybe caused a fluid retention. Here I am telling you and it is exactly what I should do to get me through this last week with my deadline looming. Also, drink plenty of fluids. Keep trying, your body just needs shocking. I couldnt get under 74kg and dithered around that for months and now dithering around 73kg so it can move down but be good to yourself. This diet has rapid results in the beginning but it soon settles down to a slow loss. One thing I do find is if I come off for a couple of days and gain a small amount, as long as I get back on it strictly I can have good losses again.

Lets all try a give it a good go this week to get us off to a good start for June.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hey all, Wendy has asked me to set up the thread again as she’s tied up (not literally) – will set it up in a mo!

Please log in or register to post a reply.