2022 Mastering May One Week at a Time ! Week beginning 17th May 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Right, we can’t stop now, Julz is back !!!!!!

I’m digging in too because we have a few days away, with a couple of celebrations which I will enjoy but not go completely crazy !!

Stick with us folks and if you are new to our thread, you are very welcome !!

To anyone struggling , just do what you can but look after yourselves as you try to cope with tough health issues .
    I will pop in when I can this week and Lauren has kindly offered to host the thread from next Monday .SG will be offering valuable input too, as always .

We are in the middle of the month and there is still time to make a difference !!

• posted by florob85
    on

I’m here, can’t really say progressing but I’m here!

I keep saying x month can bugger off, unfortunately I’ve now said that for May as well which has turned out to be simply awful with family traumas……so roll on jolly June?!

Will be popping in throughout the week and as Wendy says I’ll set the thread up next week to keep us going!

Big love

L x

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Welcome back Julz, we are all here to support you.

• posted by Russianroulade
    on

Evening troops how’s it going?

I fell off the wagon a bit as I started a new job at the end of March and then had a holiday in April, which meant a lot of drinking and carbs.

I have signed up to do an inflatable 5k on June 11th, so my partner and I started the couch to 5k a fortnight ago, which is a step in the right direction.

Back on the 800 cals this week as my weight has crept back up and I need to shift the 9 pounds I have regained!

Feeling positive and back here with you all

I would welcome advice around what quick breakfasts and packed lunches people eat. Now I’m back in the office I can’t brunch in the same way as when I’m home working.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’m in!! 🙂 Thanks for the post and the shout outs!!

Day 1 yesterday, about 1000 cals but less than 50g carbs which has to be the focus just now. And then followed my 2020 success tactic of an evening walk….if we go 3k down the road theres a wee wood where we’ve often see tawny owls, so thats a great motivator, saw 2 owls last night which makes MrWindy very happy, then we have the 3k walk home, uphill!!
    I woke up quite hungry so have had yogurt for breakfast. Lunch out with an ex-colleague today so that will be a salad (salad actually makes me very happy!) , then chicken and broccoli with some creamcheese for dinner.

Oh Russianroulade, inflatable run sounds awesome. Couch to 5k is a really good program, it’ll get you up and running, literally!!
    And as for mobile breakfast and lunches, yogurt (with or without nuts / berries) crustless quiche or egg muffins (can make them the night before and then have hot or cold), tin of tuna with whatever veggies / salad stuff you have to hand; left overs from the night before….. I often take a packet of tenderstem broccoli and microwave it, then blob some philideplhia on it, heat a bit more…and up set all the office folks as its a bit smelly!!

Lauren, glad you are still here, hang on for easier times, they will come. (((hugs)))

• posted by Verano
    on

Morning everyone.
    Welcome back Julz and RR.
    Hope everyone is well.
    It’s so good to be starting again on a Tuesday. Last week I didn’t start till Thursday because I was away, and that was almost the weekend and I just didn’t seem to get into my stride. I even started a trial with Noom to give me some impetus but I just can’t get my head around their food philosophy. The food logging part of the app is great the best I’ve seen, the psychology elements are a bit too full on for me but the food …. basically low fat … was just one step too far. Anyway, in a weird way the five days I trialled were really useful …. they reinforced my belief that this is still the best WoE.
    So half way through May but there’s still plenty of time to Master May!
    Have a good week.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, it is a little bit hot here today, 32 degrees. But expecting hotter tomorrow. Secret is to keep all your shutters closed and dont let hot air in so no opening and closing doors. We do sit out to have our lunch but come straight back in after.

Managed a total loss of 3.5 lbs which is have way there with half way to go – both in time and pounds. So must KOKO so I can enjoy my time away guilt free.

Have a good week.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All

Welcome back Julz and RR!

Back in for another week….give or take the odd snaccident, doing ok here.

Thanks for the new thread Wendy.

Hi all.

Love to all,
    T xxx

• posted by Onestep
    on

Hi everyone,
    It’s been a while since I checked in, sorry about that 🙁
    Just couldn’t find my motivation, I’d start well everyday but just couldn’t resist the sweet treats however I kept to all the principles just not the snacks part so it goes to show this really is a woe, I have pretty much maintained but last few weeks gained a few pounds so given myself a kick up the butt.
    Struggled first few days but now I’m started to feel in the zone again, I’m 3 1/2 stone from my heaviest so that’s amazing but still want to loose another 2. Although folks keep telling me not to loose anymore but I just can’t agree, I’m no where near a healthy bmi yet. Lost 3 pounds already so hopefully good motivation to get to my ultimate goal. Struggling with that blooming fibre again though, just can’t seem to get it anywhere near where it needs to be, and that’s with loads of veg so oats and berries to break my fast today and order some more husk but please tell if you have any secrets, so tried of being bunged up 😆 (oh I am drinking like 4 litres a day no waters no issue)

Anyway fantastic to read everyone’s news, sorry your struggling Lauren, I hope things ease up soon.
    SG the weather sounds beautiful I do love a sunny day, to spend time in the garden and just sitting outside with a cup of tea.
    The inflatable 5k sounds great fun, would love to do one of those.

Take care all xx

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh welldone ONestep, gettting back on to the waggon after a week lapse is tough, you got this!! I also fell victim to the “treats”…arggh!

So day 3 adn i think its getting easier. On plan yesterday, but still too many calories and work up hungry again today. Coffee only til lunch time (though I’m not back to the black offee, need my milk crutch!). Ive just had a 4 egg crustless quiche with spinach leaves, it was delicious and for the first time in as long as i can remeber i feel comfortably full and sated. I might go eggs and bacon for dinner and see if i can keep it proper low carb and get over the permemnantly hungry phase!

So good to be back and taking forward steps!!

Julz

• posted by Onestep
    on

Oh brilliant Julz we will be back on full track in no time steaming ahead!

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

A planned overeating is coming up, important to Fiance’s football match, so a pizza night tonight and as he is also having tomorrow off work we are going out for brunch. So today as the sun was shining I took myself for the 4 mile drive to the beach for a 3 mile walk before a very late breakfast at 12.40, then nothing til pizza time. Low calorie dinner planned for tomorrow night of lemon chicken 187 cals, so hopeful of getting away with it 🤞

on

Hi all, gave in to temptation. Just feeling fed up of always having to be careful – diet and diabetes – so had a couple of vodka and tonics. Worked out at around 150 calories and I actually lost weight. Not being complacent and know it might show tomorrow but back on the straight and narrow.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Just dropping in to say I’m still around, just have a lot going on at the moment at work and at home.
    Mostly eating OK, although did end up having a sandwich on Wednesday as the only lunch option available (and didn’t feel strong enough to fast before driving 100 miles home), but I am still here in spirit if nothing else.
    Also still gorging on local asparagus 🙂 so life is not all bad.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

on

Hi all, RubyG and hubby, glad to see you are still around. I dont know how I would cope if I had to go out to work or travel, it makes life so much more difficult. I very quickly got fed up of asparagus as it is a taste I like but in small doses. A bit like avocados, half of one every couple of weeks is enough for me.

Weight still going down but I am still around 0.3 kgs from my pre-Easter weight. Will keep on going. Do you ever get a feeling like there is something missing or you fancy something but dont know what. Might not be food, might be a nice night out or a shopping trip. I am feeling like that right now but I know I have my short break to look forward to in just over 2 weeks so I am holding on.

Blood glucose is still dropping slowly and I am now down to 11 units of insulin which is nearly nothing. Still keeping on with it until after the August wedding and holiday as I think I might need it.

Still not in the pool yet, it hasnt budged from 22 degrees but we are into our heatwave weekend so 33 today and tomorrow. Maybe that will warm it up.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi.
    S-g I often find that when you mix things up a bit unexpected things happen! I truly think we need to mix up meal times/foods etc because otherwise our bodies get stuck in a rut and our weight does too!
    Also delighted to hear how well you are doing on the BS front. I’m sure you were so badly insulin resistant because of your medication your weight reduction was doubly difficult. Now you have reduced the insulin it’s a roller coaster but going in the right way …. downwards! Well done you!
    This week is ok for me. I’m quite happy at the moment.
    Take care.

on

Thanks V, Im not sure if it is food related although I would love to just enjoy a nice bottle of rose in the evening sun without feeling guilty. So, no I wont have one. Normally family would be with us this coming week so it might be that on my mind. Grandson has some important exams so they decided it wouldnt be fair for the family to be here enjoying the pool and going out and about when he would, still be here, but stuck in his room revising. I understand, but that is why we have planned to go away the week after (misses school holiday crowds and prices) so I am looking forward to that. I will be okay, just a bit fed up. On a better note the pool has hit 23 degrees so I might be swimming tomorrow.

on

Had my first swim of the season this afternoon. Needed to cool down in 33 degree heat and the sun was off the pool. Did 30 mins as I didnt want to overdo it. Might not get another chance for a few days as were forecast for storms. We really need some rain.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all, I’m just setting up the new thread as I promised Wendy!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello …. almost the end of yet another week!
    S-g I’m glad it’s soooo warm that you ‘have to’ swim …. wish it was here!
    We seem to be a shrinking band on these boards lately but s-g you and I are approaching the end of our 6th year following this way of life so we will just have to keep on keeping on ….. anybody else still here who can equal or top that?
    Anyway, I really feel that my health is far better than it might have been without the BSD. We will never really know, but my T2 is diet controlled. It seems to be a mute point as to whether you can ever be ‘cured’ but hey … just happy that my BS is ‘normal’ and I don’t take medication. The other ‘positive’ for me is that I never get that afternoon ‘dip’ ie. sugar crash, that I used to get after a lunch of sandwiches!
    So this week has been fine for me just treading water. I seem to have found the level at which I can maintain quite happily and when I’m ready to lose again I know what to do.
    So, on that note I hope we have a new weekly thread to join in next week. Thank you to whoever is setting it up …. I’m just getting a bit confused about who is ‘home’ and who is ‘away’!
    Looking forward to May 25th weekly thread!

Please log in or register to post a reply.