1st week under my belt !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ange1ine
    on

Yep 1st week done ,have approx 4 stone to loose and at the end of week one have lost 4lb ,typical me a little disappointed πŸ™„. I know I shouldn’t be but can’t quite help myself! Lost a couple of inches from my waist too! On the positive side I like the food not struggling with lack of carbs mainly because I’ve spent many years with a wheat intolerance and it’s only recently the substitutes have been palatable! Missing sugar a bit,found myself drooling over some sweet treat pictures on Instagram! Still determined to carry on (mind a glass of wine would be nice!) Desperately want to be fit and healthy into my later stages of life ! (was 53 on the 28th July)Need to up the exercise now too!!

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Angeline, I have approx 4 stone to lose also, and am a very slow loser, but now in week 8 and have only 3 stone 1 pound to lose so keep heart

• posted by Suoon2bthinner
    on

I think 4 lbs off in the first week is wondrous- well done! Each person loses weight at different rates but it doesn’t matter as long as you keep on it and the trend is down. Good luck with week two!

• posted by ange1ine
    on

Thank you all for your support 😊 very grateful ! I’m an impatient dieter !! But I do know that any start is good especially 4lb ,I’m sure next week will be good and I’ll actually notice it in what I’m wearing! Excited,determined I’m not giving up!!! Does anyone else find that the scales tend to measure what you ate last week ? rather than this week ?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good start ANGELINE! πŸŽˆπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» xx

• posted by ange1ine
    on

So Happy πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒweek 2 done and now have lost 10lb !!!! Was so excited forgot to do waist measurements πŸ™„ I can feel it in my clothes!! And I cheated a little over the weekend as we bought a Motorhome and went away in it ! There was a complimentary bottle of fizz in the fridge it would of been rude not to share it with my OH !! Managed to keep with food even while camping (took most of it with me ) got to say I’m a little bit proud of myself !!

• posted by PallyAlly
    on

Well done! I would love a motorhome, enjoy!! Also, I think you are allowed a wee glass occasionally of red wine on the BSD?

• posted by ange1ine
    on

Disaster has struck!!!😲😲😲😲My DH was weighing a very heavy object to send by courier for an eBay sale! He must of been using himself plus object because said object wouldn’t stand by itself,and has BROKEN MY SCALES!!!! I tried in vain to mend them,batteries out ,new batteries in,fiddled with settings (never been used,to complicated) but they just measure 00 for everything!
    OK time for a new set! The new set come 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟for accuracy on the old www,lots of good reviews!
    Having lost 10lb in two weeks 😁 I now (on my new scales) weigh heavier than I did when I started!!πŸ˜”
    All my bloody apps are tied into those measurements I’m at a loss what to do or where to begin !HELP!!

• posted by Suoon2bthinner
    on

Can you edit the weight you now realise you started at, so you can still see the loss online? Frustrating but better to find out than not.

• posted by ange1ine
    on

Had to do some time travelling on my smart phone ,changing the date and time on my phone to do it! It’s done so here I go starting all over again!!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Ange1ine
    You know what’s happened with scale change over – I think I’d just leave the old weights there – you can;t really edit if you don’t know what the real weights were.should have been. I discovered a few weeks in that my old scales were giving weights in the right ballpark , but could vary by up to a kilo by reweighing within a couple of seconds, but just replaced them and was happy knowing the weights are accurate form that point on.
    It’s just a number!

• posted by ange1ine
    on

Thanks Frog,I wish that I thought it’s just a number but that’s not the way my mind works. There was a danger/excuse I could just throw it all in the air and give up! I KNOW I’ve lost 10lb so have time travelled and added 10lb to start weight and subsequent weights.This seemed to be the difference between the two scales???πŸ™„ on holiday now for a week and sticking to the diet with an odd glass of wine or two as a treat.Then hopefully fully on it from Monday 5th September. I’m good at starting diets been practicing all my life!!

• posted by ange1ine
    on

My daughters boyfriend who is a competition level weight lifter has confirmed that the new scales are accurate so onwards and upwards…..ermmmmm NO Downwards here we go………watch this space …..not giving up!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.