1st week on bsd

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hopetobeslim777
    on

Hi all started diet this week and so far so good lost 4 inches of waist not weighed myself yet but chuffed to bits can honestly say I not been hungry have cut out carbs completely just been eating protein and feel great been drinking lots of water but struggling with breakfast ideas other then eggs .

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I hope you’re not truly just eating protein, plenty of above ground vegetables are also necessary for a balanced diet. I know it seems like the ratio of protein to carbs is far higher, but we are really not cutting out carbs totally like some short term diets. Keep measuring, as when the weightloss slows, sometimes that is the only way you can tell it is working. Good luck with the rest of the program.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Most often mentioned as a go-go breakfast for those that do (I tend to 16:8 so don’t usually) is greek style full fat yoghurt and berries/almonds or your preferred topping/flavouring. I am rather partial to cinnamon sprinkled on the yoghurt and berries although I usually have this at lunchtime or in the evening as a dessert.

• posted by MummyW
    on

My favorite brekky is greek yoghurt with passion fruit and slithered almonds! Super quick just toast the almonds and throw it all together in a bowl!

on

so did my 1st weigh in this morning and have lost 6lb im chuffed to bits and 3 ins of waist , for the 1st time in my life im not hungry while i doing a diet think i finally found what works for me yayy protein protein x

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Don’t forget to eat veg and fats too 😀. Check out posts by LindaA for how to work out what you need. Your body cannot process excess protein and stores it as fat, so although you have lost now you may find it doesn’t last. Sorry if I’ve misread your posts but you have said you are only eating protein and not said in your other post (or replied to Mixmatch) otherwise. Just a heads up in case you are missing out on the other wonderful foods available to you.

• posted by Cara54
    on

I agree with Annie W. Protein does cause your blood sugar to go up and will be stored as fat if you have too much. Veg is important for variety and for micronutrients. Good fats such as full fat yoghurt, coconut oil and nuts are good for keeping hunger at bay and do not cause blood sugar spikes. Make sure you include these too. Good luck.

on

I think I have confused a few on here i am eating protein but am also eating lots of veg fruit yoghurt oily fish nuts eggs the main carbs are bread rice pasta and potatoes which are off limits for me

• posted by DebT
    on

Hi, I am new to BSD and I too am wondering about what to eat. Full fat yoghurt, berries and nuts will probably be around 200, then there is lunch, say another 200 calories, that only leaves 400 for supper. I guess my question is — do you spread out your calories? skip lunch? eat more calories early in the day? I would love to know what people eat in a day and what seems to work the best for you.

I haven’t been on a forum before, my apologizes if this wasn’t an appropriate to ask a question for myself on hopetobeslim777’s question.

Thanks so much.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi DebT – all threads on the forum are open for all to participate, so don’t feel awkward about posing your question here.

It is really up to you how you want to use your 800 calories each day. In the early days, I used to have a breakfast of approx. 200 cal, lunch around the same and then dinner using the remainder of my daily allowance. But, if you are someone who doesn’t eat breakfast, you can split your calories over two meals – this is called 16:8 fasting – i.e. fasting overnight for 16hrs and using your calories in the remaining 8hrs. This is something I have been doing myself recently, but I wouldn’t have been able to manage it in the early days, weeks, months. I am about to have a lunch of salad with shaved manchego cheese and a dressing of raspberry vinegar and a spray of walnut oil. Tonight it will be pork with lots of green veggies.

Really, it is up to you to make the BSD fit in with your day to day life and what your body requires. There is no ‘one fits all’, other than the prescribed 800 calories of course. Just be sure to keep well hydrate, include fats and keep an eye on the carb intake and you should do just fine.

Good luck and I hope you will be reporting some great results soon.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

DebT I think you might be over estimating the calories in yog and berries, it is around 120 even with a few almond slivers sprinkled on brings it to about 170 cals, enjoy, you have just gained more food.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry sunshine-girl, but surely that depends on the calories per 100g and quantity being used – 100g of the yogurt I use is 122 calories and 3.2g carbs before adding in anything else.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I was going by the recipes in the BSD book all 150g a yoghurt, rhubarb and yog 160 cals, but it is made up with orange juice which I would leave out, yog and passion fruit 170 c\ls and that includes flaked almonds, yog with mango and apple 180 calories and we know mango are high in cals and apples high in carbs. I eat raspberries or blueberries (about 20 berries) with 100g of full fat Greek yoghurt which comes out at 72 calories and with a few almonds it is 140 calories (that is using the calories on the back of the tub and Sparkpeople to do the calcs)

• posted by Theodora
    on

As far as yoghurt and fruit is concerned, it does very much depend upon what yoghurt you use. I have 125g of full fat Fage yoghurt and 50g of blueberries every morning for breakfast, and it amounts to 148 calories, with 11.62 protein, 6.41 fat, and 11.99 carbs, which is a huge proportion of my daily carb allowance, as I try to keep this below 30, but is sooo delicious and tastes so decadent that I am prepared to accept that and it sets me up for the day (I have it about 11am) and then I don’t have anything else (apart from lots of drinks) until dinner.

• posted by Pendiente
    on

On the subject of breakfast I’ve been having one thin slice of bacon and one egg and 2 mushrooms and feeling guilty as it doesn’t feel like diet food – am I ok to do it or should I be on something more like yoghurt? I only eat meat and veg for the rest of day but this breakfast is such a treat?!

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Sounds like a good breakfast to me…

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It is a treat but is also good diet food 😊 I personally keep it to around once a week for a cooked breakfast, once a week or so for yoghurt and berries, and maybe once a week lower carb porridge, but the rest of the time I don’t have anything until lunchtime. It is all personal choice but there is nothing wrong at all with your breakfast choice.

on

Week 4 for me, weight lose 10lb so far , 4 inches of waist 1 inch of bust and 1 inch of hips luv this diet and loving the food im eating fill full most of the time
    After 8 wks thou wot happens x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

After 8 weeks many of us decide that we want to continue eating like this, just more of it. I am still using 1 fast day a week as I believe in the benefits of fasting, and have introduced small amounts of the white stuff with so far no intervention from the carb monster, and am now eating probably better than I ever have in my life. I just apply the principles to my normal diet rather than following the meal plans in the book, so there was no big transition period.

Please log in or register to post a reply.