11 days in now and 13lbs down

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cooktin
    on

I am not type 2 or even pre-diabetic but I am overweight and a chef. I needed a big change as I was scared stiff of being diabetic. So this was the diet I decided on as a make or live with it ! I have found it simple and easy 800 calories and I divide them between breakfast and a big dinner breakfast carries me through the day and dinner carries me through to breakfast works for me …..11 days in and 13lbs down ! I doubt this speed of weight loss will last but it is a huge boost when you see the scales moving ! I find the simple to prepare foods are the best. Fish is brilliant with roast veg if you smear mustard on it and add lemon (made me actually moan with pleasure! don’t try and find alternatives for “normal” food you can’t Just try new stuff !
    Good eating xx

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

Great start – and really good advice about keeping it simple! I’m no chef, so at the moment tinned tomatoes with some garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce are helping to bulk out meals and give them taste 🙂

• posted by Cooktin
    on

Pat.Unlimited thats the way I have done it it is amazing what you can do with simple stuff and herbs and spices also big piles of veg! I am eating so well and loving it instead of carbs and felling rubbish for the following day ! (got to admit baking the bread at work is a bit challenging though ! you don’t have to be a chef just look up the ingredients and cook what you like not what will cost you in calories .

• posted by pamie123
    on

Wow well done cooktin. Can you give me an idea of what you have for breakfast please. I am a cook in a small community hospital and find that tasting the food can be a real problem(and of course it needs to be tasted).I am also a coeliac. You certainly inspire me.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Well done Cooktin. Great result. 😃

• posted by Cooktin
    on

pamie123 I have had porridge and either blueberries or frozen fruits of the forest in it at work and when I am at home I have a 2 egg omelette with chopped mushrooms and tomato. I find this keeps me going. Also I get around the food tasting by using a teaspoon and just dipping it not as I normally did with a bigger spoon and scoop lol I also get others to taste instead of me.

• posted by Rubbu
    on

Hi cook tin
    Would be great if you could post some of your recipes. I have just finished my second week. Lost 7 pounds first week but only 1 pound second week. Thank you!

• posted by theblackspot
    on

Well done you on the weight loss!
    I’m also finding the food really nice and easy.
    It can be such an intense mouth hit when you take away all the padding of carbs!
    More power to your arm.

Please log in or register to post a reply.