1 week in

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Heyloft
    on

Hi,
    I’m one week in to the fast 800 and find the results VERY encouraging
    fasting glucose dropped from 8.3 to ave 4.7. Have lost 6lb in weight.

Not sure whats been happening in last 2 or 3 days as my weight has stayed exactly the same, even though I have increased my walking. (Maybe the extra 200 calories on the weekend, I should have avoided)

Bring on week 2

• posted by skibareen
    on

Hi, I’m one week in and have lost 6lbs too, so also encouraged. Now the novelty has worn off I have to be vigilant about nibbling the extra tomato or two – I’ve been really surprised how the calories can add up even with healthy veg! Some really good recipies in the book which are helping motivate planning food ahead – another achilles heel…

• posted by Heyloft
    on

skibareen.. well done you.

Yes its the novelty wearing off. I think I have had a calorie or 2 too many.

• posted by Vicky
    on

Well done to you both 6 lbs is fab, I guess once we have achieved our personal goal then we can look at incorporating more carbs for maintenance. I’m day 2 and it is the withdrawal with me, it’s funny I don’t think I realised how much hidden sugar I ate until now.

• posted by Marjorie
    on

End of my first week and I’ve lost 8 and a half pounds and 2 and a half inches from my waist ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by happysheryl
    on

Fabulous Marjorie! Congratulations. I haven’t started yet. I receive my book tomorrow and will start Monday. Probably starting with 5:2 to ease myself into it. Did you find the first week very hard?

• posted by happysheryl
    on

Congratulations! I receive my book tomorrow and start on Monday.

• posted by Heyloft
    on

Oh way to go !!!

Still at the 6lb loss.. no change to waist yet !

• posted by GrumptoGlam
    on

These results are really encouraging to read. Well done to you all!

• posted by Squidgy
    on

Well done everyone – it’s really encouraging to see everyone do so well.

I’ve been diabetic for 8 years, and my medication has been going up and up so I was at the stage where I think it’s now or never to get myself in hand.

After reading the the Blood Sugar Diet book cover to cover, and some time meal planning, I started on 26 January and am astonished by the results after just one week of the 800 cal diet.

According to my new bluetooth scales, I’ve lost 6.5lb in weight, BMI dropped from 29.6 to 28.4, Body fat dropped from 40.1% to 37.8% and water and muscle increased slightly! Best of all my Blood Glucose results were under 7 all week, getting as low as 4.7 on a couple of occasions. I saw my GP this morning and she agreed that I could cease Gliclazide and see how I get on, and then over time gradually reduce my other medications.

I found the first week really quite easy, and haven’t been hungry at all (though have been drinking and weeing more!). I think it helped that last summer I did a few months of the 5:2 diet and lost 1 1/2 stones, so 800 calories feels quite generous compared with that!

With results like that I feel really motivated for week 2!

• posted by Laska
    on

Is week over and 6.5 lbs down! , maybe half an inch off waist.. Im really happy with that…

Thank you Dr M

• posted by sturnbull74
    on

Well done, keep going! I am Day 11. Lost 10lbs in first week another couple more so far. Weigh myself first thing before eating and drinking as I find it is a motivator to be careful with portion sizes! I take my levels first thing too and they were 5.3 this morning, been in the 5’s since Saturday. This diet is good! My wife is doing it with me and she wants to drop some pounds so that helps that. We have adapted the meals to what works for us, but enjoying tasty filling meals and watching the calories and portions. Feeling good ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Notsosweet
    on

I survived the first week. Managed to lose 5.5kg (12 pounds). Haven’t done the measurements but my work trousers were definitely a bit looser this morning than they were last Monday morning. Blood sugars aren’t dropping yet but I think that will take a while for me as have been a diabetic for more than 12 years and have a lot of weight to lose (approx 50kg or 8 stone). Am finding this eating plan a doddle. Great healthy food and I’m not feeling deprived. First few days were a bit rough but lots of water and hot cups of tea helped get over it. I’m not expecting this sort of weight loss to continue but its a great start to a new way of life for me.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I keep a daily log of weight, steps done, calories eaten and BMI. I have found there may be one or two days when my weight has not dropped but suddenly on third the scales show I have lost over a pound. It’s happened twice now so I’m no longer discouraged when I fail to show a weight loss for a day or two (scales measure ounces as well as stones and pounds). I have noticed that on days I do a lot more steps as well as keeping my calories inside the 800 I do tend to show a bigger weight loss. Not always easy to fit in over 5000, and rarely manage 10k +. I started on 20th January so more than a week in.
    Let’s all keep it up as this is really working. Like Notsosweet said this plan is a doodle after doing the 5:2

• posted by Bill1954
    on

hashimoto
    that’s why I refuse to have scales in the house. I’ve seeen too many people lose confidence in their diets by getting weighed too often. I now use the scales at my local pharmacy weekly, it gives me a chance to see a weight loss and gives me a few more steps to walk.
    For the record I started the diet last Monday and had my first weigh on Monday night. Saturday morning I had lost 7 pounds and blood sugar fasting reading down from 9.8 to 7.1 with a bed time reading under 5 now.
    Their are some amazing results being recorder by people on this forum, that can only be of benefit to new users so keep em coming folks. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.