1 week in and a few questions

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by fififo
    on

Hello everyone.

I’ve been following the 800 diet for a week now and really happy with it. Weight is down 6 lb, fasting bloods in the normal range and blood pressure coming down to. I thought I would struggle as I’ve had bad reactions to being hungry all my life but its been fine and the food has been great.

I’ve enjoyed reading the various posts on the forum and have found them helpful. I now have a few questions that I hope some of you lovely people will be able to answer:

Is my fasting sugars in teh normal range only because I’m eating so little calories or carbs?

Has anyone moved from the 800 to the med diet successfully and could they share a bit how they did it? I’m struggling with this, for example for tea last night I had fajitas without the wrap, it was lovely and came in at 320 calories, but once off the diet how do I turn it into a 500 calorie meal without adding the wrap?

• posted by Izzy
    on

Hi there, well done on managing your first week and on your loss!

If you only ate 800 calories of high carb sugar filled processed food then your blood sugars would still be high, if my understanding is correct. It is a combination of less carbs and the fast weight loss that helps the blood sugars to lower quickly.

As for moving on and upping calories, I’ve been doing this over 10 weeks now and most days I keep my calories at 800 but allow a few days of a bit more. A bit of extra cheese with a meal, or a bigger portion of meat, perhaps a pudding sometimes of berries and cream, a snack of nuts.

• posted by fififo
    on

Thanks. Never thought about adding a desert.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

You could also add a salad (either before or after your main meal) with some cheese. We have baby spinach leaves with some feta cheese, which is very tasty – add a little olive oil and perhaps some balsamic? Yum

Please log in or register to post a reply.