Medium courgettes is a bit vague would it be possible to know the actual weight of the raw courgette noodles please ?
This Zucchini ‘Noodle’ & Pesto Salad has such freshness and vibrancy yet the noodles provide the comfort you’d normally expect from a bowl of spaghetti. I’ve been serving it mostly as a side salad this Summer but it would only take a poached egg, some sardines, a generous handful of shaved Parmesan or a little cooked chicken to turn it into a meal.
• 2 medium zucchini
• 6 tablespoons pesto
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• bunch basil, leaves picked
• handful pine nuts
1. Cut zucchini into spaghetti-like noodles using a spiralizer, vegetable peeler or mandoline. Sprinkle with some fine salt and stand for a few minutes to soften.
2. Combine pesto and lemon in a large bowl.
3. Toss zucchini noodles in the pesto dressing along with the basil. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt or lemon, as needed.
4. Serve with pine nuts scattered on top.